EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has acquired Scavengers, a script by Chris Baldi that Thor Freudenthal will direct. Freudenthal helmed Diary of a Wimpy Kid for the studio. The film will be produced by Emjag Productions’ Alexandra Milchan and 21 Laps’ Shawn Levy and Dan Levine. The setup: After their adventurous father dies, three brothers who’ve been estranged discover that in order to collect their inheritance, they will have to go out on a scavenger hunt to find treasure he left behind. Clues bring them back to many of the childhood experiences they shared with their father. Freudenthal is repped by Gersh and The Gotham Group.
20th Century Fox Finds 'Scavengers' For Its 'Diary Of A Wimpy Kid' Director Thor Freudenthal
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- Big Tribeca Deal: Apple Pays 7-Figures For Ed Sheeran Documentary ‘Songwriter’
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It
- Margaret French Isaac Named President Of Denise Di Novi Pictures
- ‘A Quiet Place’ Screams No. 1, ‘I Feel Pretty’ Debut, ‘Super Trooper 2’ Siren Success…
- Tom Brady To Write Seth Gordon-Directed Racial Injustice Feature Film ‘Tulia’