EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has acquired Scavengers, a script by Chris Baldi that Thor Freudenthal will direct. Freudenthal helmed Diary of a Wimpy Kid for the studio. The film will be produced by Emjag Productions’ Alexandra Milchan and 21 Laps’ Shawn Levy and Dan Levine. The setup: After their adventurous father dies, three brothers who’ve been estranged discover that in order to collect their inheritance, they will have to go out on a scavenger hunt to find treasure he left behind. Clues bring them back to many of the childhood experiences they shared with their father. Freudenthal is repped by Gersh and The Gotham Group.
20th Century Fox Finds 'Scavengers' For Its 'Diary Of A Wimpy Kid' Director Thor Freudenthal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings