Warner Bros and Anonymous Content have acquired the rights to Fletch, the Gregory McDonald novel series that starred Chevy Chase. Anonymous Content’s Michael Sugar and Steve Golin will produce, along with David List, who reps the estate. The studio made an aggressive pre-emptive buy to reboot the series about an investigative reporter who solves mysteries. There are 11 books in the series. The studio is eyeing a new franchise with the property. Chase starred in the 1985 pic Fletch, followed by the 1989 sequel Fletch Lives.
Warner Bros Makes Deal To Reboot 'Fletch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Scott Adkins To Star In Indie Thriller ‘Incoming’; Julia Jones Boards ‘Hard Powder’
- ‘Valerian’, ‘Molly’s Game’, ‘Mile 22’ & ‘Bad Moms Christmas’ Round Out STX…
- Elton John, Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice To Bring Animated ‘Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ To Big Screen For STX…
- Eddie Murphy Returns To Animation With Bo The Bull At STX – CinemaCon
- Robert Rodriguez To Direct ‘Ugly Dolls’ For STX For May 2019 Bow – CinemaCon
- NATO’s John Fithian Touts “First Billion-Dollar March In History” At Box Office – CinemaCon