Warner Bros and Anonymous Content have acquired the rights to Fletch, the Gregory McDonald novel series that starred Chevy Chase. Anonymous Content’s Michael Sugar and Steve Golin will produce, along with David List, who reps the estate. The studio made an aggressive pre-emptive buy to reboot the series about an investigative reporter who solves mysteries. There are 11 books in the series. The studio is eyeing a new franchise with the property. Chase starred in the 1985 pic Fletch, followed by the 1989 sequel Fletch Lives.
Warner Bros Makes Deal To Reboot 'Fletch'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'