Warner Bros and Anonymous Content have acquired the rights to Fletch, the Gregory McDonald novel series that starred Chevy Chase. Anonymous Content’s Michael Sugar and Steve Golin will produce, along with David List, who reps the estate. The studio made an aggressive pre-emptive buy to reboot the series about an investigative reporter who solves mysteries. There are 11 books in the series. The studio is eyeing a new franchise with the property. Chase starred in the 1985 pic Fletch, followed by the 1989 sequel Fletch Lives.
Warner Bros Makes Deal To Reboot 'Fletch'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Alec Baldwin Plots TV Return As NYC Mayor In HBO Series
- UTA Signs Helmer Gavin Hood
- Relativity To Release Faith-Based Film ‘Hillsong–Let Hope Rise’
- Diablo Cody Set To Rewrite ‘Barbie’
- Seth Rogen Comes Out Smoking Over THR Charges Of Pot-Reeking Office
- WME Signs Film And Theater Director Julie Taymor