Warner Bros and Anonymous Content have acquired the rights to Fletch, the Gregory McDonald novel series that starred Chevy Chase. Anonymous Content’s Michael Sugar and Steve Golin will produce, along with David List, who reps the estate. The studio made an aggressive pre-emptive buy to reboot the series about an investigative reporter who solves mysteries. There are 11 books in the series. The studio is eyeing a new franchise with the property. Chase starred in the 1985 pic Fletch, followed by the 1989 sequel Fletch Lives.
Warner Bros Makes Deal To Reboot 'Fletch'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
'Bourne' Back At #1; 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+ Offshore; 'Pets' Prances Past $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Team Thor’: See What The God Of Thunder Was Up To During ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1; ‘Ice Age’ Skates To $300M+ Offshore; ‘Pets’ Prances Past $700M WW – Intl…
- Cars Damaged During ‘Leisure Seeker’ Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles — Update
- Werner Herzog Says He Teaches Film Students “Sacred Rite Of Trespassing”
- ‘Southside With You' Has Solid Debut Weekend Date: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’…