The CW drama Vampire Diaries has been building all season to the introduction of the villain Klaus, the original vampire. Joseph Morgan has now been signed to play him. Morgan, who’ll next be seen in the Henry Cavill-starrer Immortals, played supporting roles in the Peter Weir-directed Master and Commander, and Oliver Stone’s Alexander. He plays the title character in ABC’s upcoming miniseries Ben Hur. He was set for the show after more than 100 actors read for the role all over the world. Morgan’s deal was made by WME, Richard Koenigsberg Management and London-based Curtis Brown Group.
'Vampire Diaries' Finds New Villain Klaus
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- ‘Hair’ Will Be NBC’s 2019 Spring Musical
- Starz Launches On Amazon Prime In The UK And Germany, Coming Soon To YouTube TV In U.S.
- Starz Launches StarzPlay On Amazon Prime Video Channels In UK, Germany
- Lionsgate Beats Wall Street’s Q4 Estimates On OTT Revenue, TV Profit Uptick
- ‘The Ranch’ Season 3 Gets Premiere Date; Includes Danny Masterson’s Final Episodes
- Ex-APA Agent Tyler Grasham Escapes Criminal Charges In L.A.