The CW drama Vampire Diaries has been building all season to the introduction of the villain Klaus, the original vampire. Joseph Morgan has now been signed to play him. Morgan, who’ll next be seen in the Henry Cavill-starrer Immortals, played supporting roles in the Peter Weir-directed Master and Commander, and Oliver Stone’s Alexander. He plays the title character in ABC’s upcoming miniseries Ben Hur. He was set for the show after more than 100 actors read for the role all over the world. Morgan’s deal was made by WME, Richard Koenigsberg Management and London-based Curtis Brown Group.
'Vampire Diaries' Finds New Villain Klaus
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Says Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo