USA Network will air its inaugural Character Approved Awards on March 8 at 11 PM, immediately following the season two finale of White Collar. The one-hour special, Character Approved: Honoring 12 Cultural Trailblazers, will feature interviews with twelve real “characters,” people from different creative areas, who are changing the face of American culture. USA established Character Approved Awards 3 years ago as an online initiative coupled with an event but will televise them for the first time this year. ”USA is taking the Character Approved Awards to the next level with our first ever on-air special,” USA’s EVP Chris McCumber said. The special will be directed by documentarian Phil Griffin. Honorees will be announced later this week.
USA To Air Character Approved Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘The Divine Order’ Director Petra Volpe On The Crumbling Of The Swiss Patriarchy
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…