EXCLUSIVE: Eva Green has landed the female lead in Dark Shadows, the Tim Burton-directed adaptation of the 60s supernatural TV soap opera for Warner Bros. Green, who made a most memorable impression when she broke James Bond’s heart in Casino Royale as Vesper Lynd, is negotiating to play the role of Angelique. In the series, she was a powerful witch who was alternately tormented and bewitched by her love-hate relationship with Barnabas Collins. Depp will play Collins. Lara Parker played the role in the original Gothic horror soap. The French-born actress most recently starred oppposite Ewan McGregor in the romantic thriller Perfect Sense, the Sundance title just acquired by IFC. Green just signed with UTA and she is also repped by UK-based Tavistock Wood.
Ultimate Bond Girl Eva Green Gets 'Dark Shadows' Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…