After weeks of negotiations, Tim Allen has officially come onboard ABC’s comedy pilot written by Jack Burditt. The project, first known as Man Up and then renamed to The Last Day of Man, is now untitled. The multicamera show, from 20th TV and 21 Laps/Adelstein Prod., centers on a guy (Allen) fighting for his manhood in a world of women. Burditt is executive producing with Marty Adelstein, Shawn Levy, Becky Clements as well as Allen and his managers Richard Baker and Rick Messina. The project landed at ABC in November as a potential starring vehicle for Allen. If it goes to series, the comedy will mark Allen’s return to primetime and to ABC where he starred in the long-running hit Home Improvement.
Tim Allen Commits To ABC Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over