After weeks of negotiations, Tim Allen has officially come onboard ABC’s comedy pilot written by Jack Burditt. The project, first known as Man Up and then renamed to The Last Day of Man, is now untitled. The multicamera show, from 20th TV and 21 Laps/Adelstein Prod., centers on a guy (Allen) fighting for his manhood in a world of women. Burditt is executive producing with Marty Adelstein, Shawn Levy, Becky Clements as well as Allen and his managers Richard Baker and Rick Messina. The project landed at ABC in November as a potential starring vehicle for Allen. If it goes to series, the comedy will mark Allen’s return to primetime and to ABC where he starred in the long-running hit Home Improvement.
Tim Allen Commits To ABC Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project