After weeks of negotiations, Tim Allen has officially come onboard ABC’s comedy pilot written by Jack Burditt. The project, first known as Man Up and then renamed to The Last Day of Man, is now untitled. The multicamera show, from 20th TV and 21 Laps/Adelstein Prod., centers on a guy (Allen) fighting for his manhood in a world of women. Burditt is executive producing with Marty Adelstein, Shawn Levy, Becky Clements as well as Allen and his managers Richard Baker and Rick Messina. The project landed at ABC in November as a potential starring vehicle for Allen. If it goes to series, the comedy will mark Allen’s return to primetime and to ABC where he starred in the long-running hit Home Improvement.
Tim Allen Commits To ABC Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- HBO, Russia’s Amedia Expand Deal; ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Russell T. Davies To Be Honored At Edinburgh TV Fest…
- Charter Forges Alliance With Dolan Family Media Analytics Firm
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.