Summit Entertainment has acquired Unexpected, a pitch comedy that will be written by Ian Deitchman and Kristin Rusk Robinson, based on a treatment by Jennifer Eatz. Todd Garner will produce with Eatz. The writers, who scripted the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel-starrer Life As We Know It, this time focus on a husband and wife who find out they’re expecting their second child. While he’s thrilled, she has reservations because her first pregnancy was tough. After an untimely run-in with an ancient fertility totem, they switch bodies, and he gets to experience the business end of pregnancy.WME and Anonymous Content brokered the deal with attorney David Weber, with Summit production prexy Eric Feig and veep Meredith Milton overseeing.
Summit Makes 'Unexpected' Pitch Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+: Thanksgiving B.O.
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role
- IMAX & Odeon Team Up To Launch Europe’s First Virtual Reality Experience
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Producer Alison Owen Lifts The Lid On Working With Weinstein