Summit Entertainment has acquired Unexpected, a pitch comedy that will be written by Ian Deitchman and Kristin Rusk Robinson, based on a treatment by Jennifer Eatz. Todd Garner will produce with Eatz. The writers, who scripted the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel-starrer Life As We Know It, this time focus on a husband and wife who find out they’re expecting their second child. While he’s thrilled, she has reservations because her first pregnancy was tough. After an untimely run-in with an ancient fertility totem, they switch bodies, and he gets to experience the business end of pregnancy.WME and Anonymous Content brokered the deal with attorney David Weber, with Summit production prexy Eric Feig and veep Meredith Milton overseeing.
Summit Makes 'Unexpected' Pitch Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Isn’t Enough To Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many…
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame