Summit Entertainment continues its prolific book rights buying as it nears a deal for the Veronica Roth novel Divergent, with Red Wagon partners Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher attached to produce. The book is compared to The Hunger Games because of the age of the characters and the violence that takes place in a futuristic setting. This tale takes place in a futuristic dystopia where society is divided into factions based on human traits. A 16-year old leaves her faction to join a rival faction, but during the violent initiation into the new faction, she falls in love with a young man and they try to find their place in this rough world. The book will be published by Katherine Tegen Books, a division of HarperCollins Children’s Books. More to come on this one.
Summit Entertainment Near Deal For 'Divergent'
What's Hot on Deadline
Women's March: "Day 1!" Says America Ferrera; Scarlett Johansson Pleads For Planned Parenthood - UPDATE
Latest Film News
- Al Gore Warns Donald Trump Climate Change Movement Is “Unstoppable” – Sundance Studio
- Sundance: Women’s March Exceeded Expectations, Park City Officials Say
- Route One Ups Sophia Dilley To VP Production & Development
- Netflix Acquires Environmental Documentary ‘Chasing Coral’
- Ewan McGregor Replacing Charlie Hunnam In Drake Doremus-Directed ‘Zoe’
- Kristen Stewart On Her “Masochistic” Directorial Debut ‘Come Swim’: “It’s Not A Small Movie”…