Summit Entertainment continues its prolific book rights buying as it nears a deal for the Veronica Roth novel Divergent, with Red Wagon partners Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher attached to produce. The book is compared to The Hunger Games because of the age of the characters and the violence that takes place in a futuristic setting. This tale takes place in a futuristic dystopia where society is divided into factions based on human traits. A 16-year old leaves her faction to join a rival faction, but during the violent initiation into the new faction, she falls in love with a young man and they try to find their place in this rough world. The book will be published by Katherine Tegen Books, a division of HarperCollins Children’s Books. More to come on this one.
Summit Entertainment Near Deal For 'Divergent'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Review: Inventive Sequel Is A Worthwhile Trip Down The Rabbit Hole
Latest Film News
- Dwayne Johnson-Rawson Thurber China Action Pitch Stirs Big Bids
- Bernie Sanders Steps Up Attack On Disney Over Disneyland Wages
- Shawn Dunn Boards Original Force As CTO; Pamela Wolfe Named HR Executive VP At Starz
- Epix & Katie Couric Respond To Criticism Over Anti-Gun Docu Editing
- Dominic Bogart Storming ‘The Glass Castle’; Gregg Sulkin Joins Magical App Pic; ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Courts…
- Al Gore, Paramount And Participant Celebrate Oscar Winner ‘An Inconvenient Truth’s’ 10th Anniversary