Summit Entertainment continues its prolific book rights buying as it nears a deal for the Veronica Roth novel Divergent, with Red Wagon partners Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher attached to produce. The book is compared to The Hunger Games because of the age of the characters and the violence that takes place in a futuristic setting. This tale takes place in a futuristic dystopia where society is divided into factions based on human traits. A 16-year old leaves her faction to join a rival faction, but during the violent initiation into the new faction, she falls in love with a young man and they try to find their place in this rough world. The book will be published by Katherine Tegen Books, a division of HarperCollins Children’s Books. More to come on this one.
Summit Entertainment Near Deal For 'Divergent'
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe