Summit Entertainment continues its prolific book rights buying as it nears a deal for the Veronica Roth novel Divergent, with Red Wagon partners Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher attached to produce. The book is compared to The Hunger Games because of the age of the characters and the violence that takes place in a futuristic setting. This tale takes place in a futuristic dystopia where society is divided into factions based on human traits. A 16-year old leaves her faction to join a rival faction, but during the violent initiation into the new faction, she falls in love with a young man and they try to find their place in this rough world. The book will be published by Katherine Tegen Books, a division of HarperCollins Children’s Books. More to come on this one.
Summit Entertainment Near Deal For 'Divergent'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest Film News
- Working Title, Big Talk Team On Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid