EXCLUSIVE: Hollywood’s fixation with robots and the undead has fueled a spec package deal that includes underlying rights to the IDW Zombies Vs. Robots. JT Petty has used the Ashley Wood/Chris Ryall-created comic as the basis for a spec script called Inherit the Earth. The film will be a co-production between Platinum Dunes, Circle of Confusion and IDW, and produced by Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, Andrew Form, Dave Alpert and Rick Jacobs. Ted Adams is exec producer. More than one studio was interested. The film focuses on a young girl who is the last survivor on earth. She is protected by a group of robots from a pack of zombies that are intelligent and evolved. The comic title is unrelated to Cowboys & Aliens, even though it sounds like it could be on the undercard. Transformers director Bay, of course, has more than the requisite experience with robots to turn this into something exceptional. Jonathan Kadin and Hannah Minghella will oversee for Sony. IDW’s title World War Robot is being developed by Jerry Bruckheimer.
Sony Pictures Acquires 'Zombies Vs. Robots' For Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'