EXCLUSIVE: Hollywood’s fixation with robots and the undead has fueled a spec package deal that includes underlying rights to the IDW Zombies Vs. Robots. JT Petty has used the Ashley Wood/Chris Ryall-created comic as the basis for a spec script called Inherit the Earth. The film will be a co-production between Platinum Dunes, Circle of Confusion and IDW, and produced by Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, Andrew Form, Dave Alpert and Rick Jacobs. Ted Adams is exec producer. More than one studio was interested. The film focuses on a young girl who is the last survivor on earth. She is protected by a group of robots from a pack of zombies that are intelligent and evolved. The comic title is unrelated to Cowboys & Aliens, even though it sounds like it could be on the undercard. Transformers director Bay, of course, has more than the requisite experience with robots to turn this into something exceptional. Jonathan Kadin and Hannah Minghella will oversee for Sony. IDW’s title World War Robot is being developed by Jerry Bruckheimer.
Sony Pictures Acquires 'Zombies Vs. Robots' For Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’
- Will Sasso Joins ‘The Burning Woman’; Adrian Glynn McMorra Boards ‘Volition’
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- No. 13 ‘Batman V. Superman’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Amy Schumer Says Bye-Bye To ‘Barbie’
- Bob Iger: Disney’s Making Long Plans For ‘Star Wars,’ But He’s “Serious” About Leaving…