EXCLUSIVE: Hollywood’s fixation with robots and the undead has fueled a spec package deal that includes underlying rights to the IDW Zombies Vs. Robots. JT Petty has used the Ashley Wood/Chris Ryall-created comic as the basis for a spec script called Inherit the Earth. The film will be a co-production between Platinum Dunes, Circle of Confusion and IDW, and produced by Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, Andrew Form, Dave Alpert and Rick Jacobs. Ted Adams is exec producer. More than one studio was interested. The film focuses on a young girl who is the last survivor on earth. She is protected by a group of robots from a pack of zombies that are intelligent and evolved. The comic title is unrelated to Cowboys & Aliens, even though it sounds like it could be on the undercard. Transformers director Bay, of course, has more than the requisite experience with robots to turn this into something exceptional. Jonathan Kadin and Hannah Minghella will oversee for Sony. IDW’s title World War Robot is being developed by Jerry Bruckheimer.
Sony Pictures Acquires 'Zombies Vs. Robots' For Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’
- Kaitlyn Dever & Hannah Murray Joins Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Riots Pic; Indie ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir…
- Kathryn Bigelow Adds Cast To Mark Boal-Scripted Detroit Movie
- Chris Parnell Enrolls In New Line’s ‘Life Of The Party’; Nicky Whelan Joins ‘Tragedy Girls’
- ‘Finding Steve McQueen’ Helmed By Mark Steven Johnson With Forest Whitaker, Travis Fimmel, Kate Bosworth, Others