Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan, whose credits include the fourth through seven Saw installments as well as the upcoming Hellraiser remake and the sequel Piranha 3 Double D, are moving into publishing with a Little Brown deal for their first novel, Blacklight. The book is the story of a ghost hunter private eye with psychic abilities who is hired to take the inaugural ride on the new bullet train that goes directly from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. His job is to figure out if the train’s haunted, but each case he takes on fuels his own lifelong obsession: to locate the spirits of his parents who were the victims of an unsolved murder when he was a child. The scribes intend for this to be the start of a series surrounding the private eye, Buck Carlsbad. Melton & Dunstan’s reps at Underground and APA will shop the feature rights.
'Saw' Scribes Patrick Melton & Marcus Dunstan Set Novel 'Blacklight' At Little Brown
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- LD Entertainment Adapting Julia Walton's Book ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Thor Freudenthal To Direct
- Constantin Film’s ‘Danger Girl’ Finds Scribe In Umair Aleem
- Brendan Fraser Claims Groping By HFPA President In 2003: Report
- ‘Black Panther’ To Pounce Past $500M WW Box Office Today
- Lionsgate’s Newly Branded Studio L Announces Debut Slate Of Digital Content
- Study: Hollywood Films Had Fewer Female Good Guys In 2017