Samuel L. Jackson gave an interview to Jimmy Fallon last night that has the geek crowd salivating and speculating. Jackson said his Nick Fury character will be getting a new female sidekick for The Avengers movie that will pool all the Marvel Comics superheroes. Jackson said that he’ll test with five young actresses this Friday. I’m sure that the Marvel suits aren’t happy that Jackson revealed this. But having had the pleasure to do The Playboy Interview once with Sam, I can tell you that this is why Jackson left me wishing I could ring him up every week. He tells it like it is. Here’s the video (please excuse the annoying ad that precedes it):
Sam Jackson Tips Marvel Secrets To Jimmy Fallon
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'