Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures is near a deal with Barney’s Version star Rosamund Pike to play the role of Andromeda in the Clash of the Titans sequel. Pike has been on the radar since the 2002 James Bond film Die Another Day and has done a succession of indie films. Pike had been mentioned in speculative stories about who might get the lead in Zack Snyder-directed Superman films opposite Henry Cavill. Scratch her off the list, she’ll be busy in this Warner Bros film instead, which stars Sam Worthington and will be directed by Battle: Los Angeles helmer Jonathan Liebesman. Andromeda (played by Alexa Davalos in the original, who was unavailable for the sequel) is a major role. She’s repped by UTA, Magnolia and United Agents.
Rosamund Pike To Play Andromeda In 'Clash Of The Titans 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest Film News
- How ‘The Immortal Life’ Director George C. Wolfe Honored The Life And Legacy Of Henrietta Lacks
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Actor Steven Silver Boards John Stalberg Jr.’s Comedy ‘Beef’
- Johnny Depp Apologizes For Presidential Assassination Quip
- Tupac Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ & Lionsgate Hit With Copyright Lawsuit By Journalist
- Abigail Disney’s Fork Films Gives Out Grants To Help Complete 16 Documentaries
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $48M In China – International Box Office