The O.C. alumna Rachel Bilson will reunite with the show’s creator-executive producer Josh Schwartz this pilot season after all. Bilson is close to a deal to star in the CW hourlong pilot Hart of Dixie, from WBTV and Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire. The project is a comedic drama centered on a young New York City doctor (Bilson) who inherits a medical practice in a small Southern town inhabited by an eclectic and eccentric group of characters. Leila Gerstein penned the script and is exec producing with Schwartz, Savage and Len Goldstein. Earlier this development season, Bilson was attached to star in Ghost Angeles, a supernatural romantic comedy co-written by Schwartz. The project landed at NBC in September with a pilot production commitment, but new NBC chief Bob Greenblatt recently opted not to go forward with it. Bilson has done arcs on Schwartz’s NBC dramedy Chuck and on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother, on which she played a love interest for Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor). Hart of Dixie expands Schwartz and Savage’s relationship with the CW where the two created and executive produce Gossip Girl.
Rachel Bilson To Star In CW's 'Hart Of Dixie'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press…
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President