Simon Cowell has picked a PR agency to represent him and his upcoming Fox reality series The X Factor, signing with PMK*BNC. The bi-coastal PR agency’s chairman and CEO Cindi Berger will run the account, with PMK*BNC’s talent, TV and music departments all involved. In the representation of X Factor, PMK*BNC will work closely with Cowell’s partners on the show: Fox, FremantleMedia North America and Sony Music. PMK*BNC quietly joined Cowell’s team a couple of weeks ago and was involved in last week’s announcement of X Factor‘s $5 million dollar prize and age requirement of 12+. “I’m delighted Cindi and (CEO) Michael (Nyman) and the team at PMK*BNC are on board,” Cowell said. They’ve really hit the ground running and I love their enthusiasm and ambition for the show.” With his choice of outside PR agency Cowell is once again distinguishing him and X Factor from Fox’s American Idol where he spent 9 seasons. PR-wise, the veteran Fox series is repped by BWR. For sponsorship, Cowell went with Pepsi for X Factor, while Idol is with Coke.
PMK*BNC To Rep Simon Cowell, 'X Factor'
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup