Simon Cowell has picked a PR agency to represent him and his upcoming Fox reality series The X Factor, signing with PMK*BNC. The bi-coastal PR agency’s chairman and CEO Cindi Berger will run the account, with PMK*BNC’s talent, TV and music departments all involved. In the representation of X Factor, PMK*BNC will work closely with Cowell’s partners on the show: Fox, FremantleMedia North America and Sony Music. PMK*BNC quietly joined Cowell’s team a couple of weeks ago and was involved in last week’s announcement of X Factor‘s $5 million dollar prize and age requirement of 12+. “I’m delighted Cindi and (CEO) Michael (Nyman) and the team at PMK*BNC are on board,” Cowell said. They’ve really hit the ground running and I love their enthusiasm and ambition for the show.” With his choice of outside PR agency Cowell is once again distinguishing him and X Factor from Fox’s American Idol where he spent 9 seasons. PR-wise, the veteran Fox series is repped by BWR. For sponsorship, Cowell went with Pepsi for X Factor, while Idol is with Coke.
PMK*BNC To Rep Simon Cowell, 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ’60 Minutes’ Bias