Simon Cowell has picked a PR agency to represent him and his upcoming Fox reality series The X Factor, signing with PMK*BNC. The bi-coastal PR agency’s chairman and CEO Cindi Berger will run the account, with PMK*BNC’s talent, TV and music departments all involved. In the representation of X Factor, PMK*BNC will work closely with Cowell’s partners on the show: Fox, FremantleMedia North America and Sony Music. PMK*BNC quietly joined Cowell’s team a couple of weeks ago and was involved in last week’s announcement of X Factor‘s $5 million dollar prize and age requirement of 12+. “I’m delighted Cindi and (CEO) Michael (Nyman) and the team at PMK*BNC are on board,” Cowell said. They’ve really hit the ground running and I love their enthusiasm and ambition for the show.” With his choice of outside PR agency Cowell is once again distinguishing him and X Factor from Fox’s American Idol where he spent 9 seasons. PR-wise, the veteran Fox series is repped by BWR. For sponsorship, Cowell went with Pepsi for X Factor, while Idol is with Coke.
PMK*BNC To Rep Simon Cowell, 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Kris Lemche To Star In ‘Tales From The Darkside’ CW Pilot
- New ‘Jesse Stone’ Movie Ordered By Hallmark; Tom Selleck Returns As Star
- Luis Guzman To Star In CBS’ ‘Code Black'; Cody Horn In ABC’s ‘Broad Squad’
- Peter Riegert Joins Fox’s Dana Klein Pilot; Dana Davis Added To ‘Unveiled’
- Ben Aldridge To Play The Lead In Fox Pilot ‘Detour’ Inspired By Rivers Cuomo Story
- Carrie Preston To Star In Suzanne Martin Empty-Nester NBC Comedy Pilot