Simon Cowell has picked a PR agency to represent him and his upcoming Fox reality series The X Factor, signing with PMK*BNC. The bi-coastal PR agency’s chairman and CEO Cindi Berger will run the account, with PMK*BNC’s talent, TV and music departments all involved. In the representation of X Factor, PMK*BNC will work closely with Cowell’s partners on the show: Fox, FremantleMedia North America and Sony Music. PMK*BNC quietly joined Cowell’s team a couple of weeks ago and was involved in last week’s announcement of X Factor‘s $5 million dollar prize and age requirement of 12+. “I’m delighted Cindi and (CEO) Michael (Nyman) and the team at PMK*BNC are on board,” Cowell said. They’ve really hit the ground running and I love their enthusiasm and ambition for the show.” With his choice of outside PR agency Cowell is once again distinguishing him and X Factor from Fox’s American Idol where he spent 9 seasons. PR-wise, the veteran Fox series is repped by BWR. For sponsorship, Cowell went with Pepsi for X Factor, while Idol is with Coke.
PMK*BNC To Rep Simon Cowell, 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein Talks 'Hateful Eight', Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca
Latest TV News
- MTV’s ‘Eye Candy’ Cancelled After First Season
- Ben Powers Dies: ‘Good Times’ Actor Was 64
- Pete Rose Hired As Fox Sports Guest Analyst, Commentator
- Jonathan Crombie Dies: Actor Known For Canada’s ‘Anne Of Green Gables’ TV Series
- ‘The Messengers’ Off To Low Ratings Start, ‘Last Man’ & ‘Cristela’ End Seasons
- It’s Raining Paul Shaffer’s Greatest Hits, As Dave Letterman Ponders Grand Finale