Simon Cowell has picked a PR agency to represent him and his upcoming Fox reality series The X Factor, signing with PMK*BNC. The bi-coastal PR agency’s chairman and CEO Cindi Berger will run the account, with PMK*BNC’s talent, TV and music departments all involved. In the representation of X Factor, PMK*BNC will work closely with Cowell’s partners on the show: Fox, FremantleMedia North America and Sony Music. PMK*BNC quietly joined Cowell’s team a couple of weeks ago and was involved in last week’s announcement of X Factor‘s $5 million dollar prize and age requirement of 12+. “I’m delighted Cindi and (CEO) Michael (Nyman) and the team at PMK*BNC are on board,” Cowell said. They’ve really hit the ground running and I love their enthusiasm and ambition for the show.” With his choice of outside PR agency Cowell is once again distinguishing him and X Factor from Fox’s American Idol where he spent 9 seasons. PR-wise, the veteran Fox series is repped by BWR. For sponsorship, Cowell went with Pepsi for X Factor, while Idol is with Coke.
PMK*BNC To Rep Simon Cowell, 'X Factor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Defies 'Gravity' On Friday; 'Everest' & 'The Walk' In Large Format Quandary - Saturday AM Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- ‘Quantico’ Gets 2nd Encore After Strong L3 Ratings, ‘Beyond the Tank’ Pushed