From Evelyn Salt to Emily Thorn: Feature director Phillip Noyce is returning to pilot directing duty with ABC’s Revenge. Like Noyce’s most recent feature assignment, the Angelina Jolie starrer Salt, Revenge has a strong woman at its center. Written by Swingtown creator Mike Kelley, it is a contemporary re-imagening of Alexandre Dumas, pere’s The Count of Monte Cristo from a female perspective and centers on Emily Thorn, a mysterious young woman who comes to the Hamptons to exact revenge on the people who destroyed her family. ABC Studios and Temple Hill are producing. On the TV side, UTA-repped Noyce previously directed the pilots for Showtime’s Brotherhood and Fox’s Try Calling. He also executive produces the FX drama series Lights Out and directed an episode of HBO’s upcoming drama series Luck starring Dustin Hoffman.
Phillip Noyce To Direct ABC Pilot 'Revenge'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 Over Thanksgiving Stretch With $68M
Latest TV News
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Clip: Six Seconds Of Chris Pratt & Dino Baby
- Netflix Ends Golden Globes Party Partnership With The Weinstein Company
- ‘Chicago Med’ Season 3 Premiere Off From Series Debut But Improves Slot, ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Eyes Finale…
- Netflix Greenlights Colombian Original Series From ‘Narcos’ Producer