From Evelyn Salt to Emily Thorn: Feature director Phillip Noyce is returning to pilot directing duty with ABC’s Revenge. Like Noyce’s most recent feature assignment, the Angelina Jolie starrer Salt, Revenge has a strong woman at its center. Written by Swingtown creator Mike Kelley, it is a contemporary re-imagening of Alexandre Dumas, pere’s The Count of Monte Cristo from a female perspective and centers on Emily Thorn, a mysterious young woman who comes to the Hamptons to exact revenge on the people who destroyed her family. ABC Studios and Temple Hill are producing. On the TV side, UTA-repped Noyce previously directed the pilots for Showtime’s Brotherhood and Fox’s Try Calling. He also executive produces the FX drama series Lights Out and directed an episode of HBO’s upcoming drama series Luck starring Dustin Hoffman.
Phillip Noyce To Direct ABC Pilot 'Revenge'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- AT&T Lost TV Subs In Q2, But Still Beat Analysts’ Earnings Expectations
- Nat Geo Teams With Leonardo DiCaprio To Adapt ‘The Right Stuff’ As Scripted Series
- ‘Broad City’ Stars On Censoring Trump & The Feminist Message Behind The Series — TCA
- Nat Geo Wild Greenlights New Series With Survivalist Les Stroud, ‘Road To Westminster’ Special; ‘Untamed’ Season 2…
- Nat Geo Sets Documentary Specials On Princess Diana, ‘Long Road Home’ & ‘Titanic’; ‘StarTalk’ Guest Cast…
- TV One Names Michelle Rice Interim General Manager As Brad Siegel Exits As President