From Evelyn Salt to Emily Thorn: Feature director Phillip Noyce is returning to pilot directing duty with ABC’s Revenge. Like Noyce’s most recent feature assignment, the Angelina Jolie starrer Salt, Revenge has a strong woman at its center. Written by Swingtown creator Mike Kelley, it is a contemporary re-imagening of Alexandre Dumas, pere’s The Count of Monte Cristo from a female perspective and centers on Emily Thorn, a mysterious young woman who comes to the Hamptons to exact revenge on the people who destroyed her family. ABC Studios and Temple Hill are producing. On the TV side, UTA-repped Noyce previously directed the pilots for Showtime’s Brotherhood and Fox’s Try Calling. He also executive produces the FX drama series Lights Out and directed an episode of HBO’s upcoming drama series Luck starring Dustin Hoffman.
Phillip Noyce To Direct ABC Pilot 'Revenge'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘NCIS’ Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: “Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain”
- Gary Glasberg Dies; 'NCIS' Showrunner Was 50
- NCTA Scraps Annual Cable Trade Show After 65 Years
- ‘The Italian Job’ Drama Series Inspired By Movies Set At NBC From Paramount TV
- ‘Lost In Space’: Molly Parker To Star In Netflix Series Remake
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Cast As New Donald Trump