Paramount Insurge, the division formed to generate micro-budget movies following the studio’s success with Paranormal Activity, has made its first acquisition. Insurge just acquired an untitled pic by director and co-writer William Brent Bell for worldwide distribution (it had the working title The Devil Inside but studio says it might change). Par-based Lorenzo di Bonaventura will be exec producer with Paranormal Activity‘s Steven Schneider. Faith is no protection for a young woman whose mother is accused in the mysterious murders of three religious figures. Fernanda Andrade, Simon Quarterman, Evan Helmuth and Suzan Crowley star. The film is produced by Morris Paulson and Matt Peterman, who wrote the script with Bell. CAA and Automatik Entertainment’s Brian Kavanaugh-Jones brokered the deal. Sierra/Affinity sold international rights. Filmmakers are repped by CAA and Generate, Andrade by Genesis Entertainment Partners.
Paramount's Insurge Makes Its First Micro-Budget Buy
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure
- Art Directors Guild Sets Trio For Lifetime Achievement Award
- ‘Force Awakens’ Star John Boyega On Managing High Expectations For ‘Star Wars’