Paramount Insurge, the division formed to generate micro-budget movies following the studio’s success with Paranormal Activity, has made its first acquisition. Insurge just acquired an untitled pic by director and co-writer William Brent Bell for worldwide distribution (it had the working title The Devil Inside but studio says it might change). Par-based Lorenzo di Bonaventura will be exec producer with Paranormal Activity‘s Steven Schneider. Faith is no protection for a young woman whose mother is accused in the mysterious murders of three religious figures. Fernanda Andrade, Simon Quarterman, Evan Helmuth and Suzan Crowley star. The film is produced by Morris Paulson and Matt Peterman, who wrote the script with Bell. CAA and Automatik Entertainment’s Brian Kavanaugh-Jones brokered the deal. Sierra/Affinity sold international rights. Filmmakers are repped by CAA and Generate, Andrade by Genesis Entertainment Partners.
Paramount's Insurge Makes Its First Micro-Budget Buy
What's Hot on Deadline
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest