The Tommy Wirkola-directed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters at Paramount Pictures is now set for a March 2, 2012, release date. We hear the budget is pegged at $60 million and that MGM will co-finance because it’s now run by the Spyglass Entertainment guys and they had a close relationship with Paramount for years. (Besides, MGM’s soon-to-close co-financing deal with Sony Pictures, accomplished by leveraging James Bond #23, won’t be exclusive.) Paramount will take worldwide theatrical and home entertainment and domestic television rights, while MGM will handle international television. Hansel & Gretel 3D stars Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton as the title characters who, 15 years after their narrow fairy tale escape from the gingerbread house, become specialized bounty-hunters looking to take down the witches that almost killed them. Famke Janssen will play the leader of the witches. The movie is being produced by Will Ferrell, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay, and Kevin J. Messick.
Paramount Schedules 'Hansel & Gretel 3D' For March 2, 2012; MGM Co-Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…