The Tommy Wirkola-directed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters at Paramount Pictures is now set for a March 2, 2012, release date. We hear the budget is pegged at $60 million and that MGM will co-finance because it’s now run by the Spyglass Entertainment guys and they had a close relationship with Paramount for years. (Besides, MGM’s soon-to-close co-financing deal with Sony Pictures, accomplished by leveraging James Bond #23, won’t be exclusive.) Paramount will take worldwide theatrical and home entertainment and domestic television rights, while MGM will handle international television. Hansel & Gretel 3D stars Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton as the title characters who, 15 years after their narrow fairy tale escape from the gingerbread house, become specialized bounty-hunters looking to take down the witches that almost killed them. Famke Janssen will play the leader of the witches. The movie is being produced by Will Ferrell, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay, and Kevin J. Messick.
Paramount Schedules 'Hansel & Gretel 3D' For March 2, 2012; MGM Co-Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016