The Tommy Wirkola-directed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters at Paramount Pictures is now set for a March 2, 2012, release date. We hear the budget is pegged at $60 million and that MGM will co-finance because it’s now run by the Spyglass Entertainment guys and they had a close relationship with Paramount for years. (Besides, MGM’s soon-to-close co-financing deal with Sony Pictures, accomplished by leveraging James Bond #23, won’t be exclusive.) Paramount will take worldwide theatrical and home entertainment and domestic television rights, while MGM will handle international television. Hansel & Gretel 3D stars Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton as the title characters who, 15 years after their narrow fairy tale escape from the gingerbread house, become specialized bounty-hunters looking to take down the witches that almost killed them. Famke Janssen will play the leader of the witches. The movie is being produced by Will Ferrell, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay, and Kevin J. Messick.
Paramount Schedules 'Hansel & Gretel 3D' For March 2, 2012; MGM Co-Financing
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’
- ‘Best F(r)iends’ Clip: Tommy Wiseau Makes Room For Another Cult Masterpiece In Bizarre Noir Thriller