I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Opens Wednesday Comedy Block With 'Mike & Molly' And '2 Broke Girls', Sets Midseason Premiere Dates
Latest Film News
- ‘The Danish Girl’ Review: Eddie Redmayne & Alicia Vikander Turn Transgender Tale Into Universal Love Story
- Indie Producer Big Beach Opens L.A. Outpost
- Sumner Redstone Wins Round 1 Of Competency & Health Care Agent Lawsuit
- ‘Shallow Hal’ Actor Joshua Shintani Dead At 32
- Christmas Pic ‘12/24’ Moves Forward With ZAG Joining 1492 & Ocean Blue
- Deadline’s The Contenders: Saoirse Ronan & Director John Crowley On How ‘Brooklyn’ Became A Personal Movie For…