I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord’s Parents’ Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Trailer…
- Brie Larson (Finally) Confirmed As Captain Marvel – Comic-Con
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Disney Theme Park Ride Set For Summer 2017 – Comic-Con
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ First Look: It’s John Hughes With Super Powers – Comic-Con
- New ‘Doctor Strange’ Trailer: The Sorcerer Supreme Comes To Mindbending Life – Comic-Con
- ‘Black Panther’ Officially Adds Lupita Nyong’o, Michael B Jordan & Dani Gurira To Cast…