I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest Film News
- Robert Downey Jr. Warns Fans To Avoid Online Impersonators Looking For Cash
- Sony Snags Horror Thriller Spec ‘Nightlight’ From ‘Tragedy Girls’ Duo
- Julianne Moore To Be Feted By MOMA
- New York Film Festival Sets Documentary Lineup
- Gay Talese’s Controversial ‘Voyeur’ And Joan Didion Docs On Way From Netflix
- ‘Destination Unknown’ Doc About Holocaust Survivors Picked Up By 7th Art Releasing