I’m told that Paramount Pictures has chosen Jon M. Chu to direct G.I. Joe 2, the sequel to G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Chu just made the studio a pile of dough with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The competition came down to Chu and Gary Gray. Production will begin in the fall. Chu is repped by WME and Principato Young. I’m told they are working out his deal, but that he’s been told he is the choice. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing. The next task will be to figure out which cast members are returning. I’ve heard the studio is starting with Channing Tatum, and trying to work out a deal for him to reprise.
Paramount Drafts Jon M. Chu For 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting
- Saudi Arabia: ‘The Emoji Movie’ & ‘Captain Underpants’ Are First Films To Screen
- Gigi Pritzker & Clint Kisker’s MWM Invests In Ben Proudfoot’s Breakwater Studios
- Deadline’s New Hollywood Podcast: ‘The Greatest Showman’ Breakout Keala Settle Finds Inspiration In Anthemic ‘This Is Me…
- HBO Documentary Films Acquires ‘The Price Of Everything’ Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- ‘On Her Shoulders’ Teaser: Alexandria Bombach’s Sundance Docu Reveals Price Of Becoming Voice Of A People