EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned 2-time Oscar winner and Academy favorite Tom Hanks will be the first presenter and name winners in both the Art Direction and Cinematography categories right off the bat. Best Picture frontrunner The King’s Speech is up for both, so the world will quickly get an idea whether that Best Picture nominee is able to mount a sweep right in the first few minutes of Sunday’s Oscar show. Two other Best Picture pics are also nominated in both categories, True Grit and Inception, with the Christopher Nolan written and directed movie having taken awards at both the Art Directors and Cinematographer Guild awards earlier this month. The King’s Speech also won at Art Directors. The show’s theme exploring the past, present and future of movies will start right here and then wend its way throughout the evening. The producers wanted to have a big star kick it off and set the tone.
OSCAR SPOILERS: He'll Present First Oscar
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Hammond
- 'John Wick' Review: Pete Hammond on Keanu Reeves' Killer Film
- Oscars: 'Birdman' Flew Sky High In Theaters, But How Did It Play With Academy Voters?
- AFI Fest Adds 'The Homesman' Gala And Conversations With Keaton, Norton And Deakins
- Oscar Watch: How Elaine Stritch And Other Showbiz Documentaries Hope To Grab The Eyes – And Hearts – Of Voters
- Christopher Nolan Handing American Cinematheque Award To Matthew McConaughey
- 'The Book of Life' Review: Pete Hammond On Latin-Tinged Animated Tale