Some quick glimpses into Oscar preparations for February 27th besides the fact that the nominated songs are going to be performed on the telecast this year after being bumped (more like dumped) by last year’s producers. According to Oscarcast producers Don Mischer and Bruce Cohen who spoke to the Oscar Nominees Luncheon on Monday, a new graphic will slowly wind down to a warning to “wrap it up” at the 45-second mark. (Cohen said the duo did minute by minute research on past awards shows and discovered “hundreds of thousands” of viewers when winners rattle off a list that drags on too long.) That specially produced DVD by Tom Hanks with instructions on how to make a speech at the Oscars will be sent to all the nominees this year, complete with an interactive feature so they can practice at home. Bruce Cohen also said a questionnaire has been sent for Oscar.com Q&As. But this is kinda sweet: the pre-show will feature a “Mominees” segment in which nominees’ mothers will tweet about their nominated kid. If the moms don’t know the technology required, Cohen said the Academy will teach them. (Natalie Portman leaned over to me at that point and said, “No way! My mother would be terrified”.) Finally, the producers noted they’ll play off this year’s Academy Awards mantra of “You’re Invited” by making the worldwide audience feel part of the show more than ever before.
OSCAR: Mothers To Tweet About Nominees
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Awardsline News
- Patricia Arquette To Be Honored At The 2017 GLAAD Media Awards, Will Pay Tribute To Sister Alexis Arquette
- James Corden On The Game He’d Like To Have President Donald Trump Play — PaleyFest
- 2017 Daytime Emmy Nominations: CBS Leads Networks With 70 Noms, ‘Young & Restless’ Tops With 25
- At Hollywood’s Film Academy, Debt Is Up, Revenue Down & Awards Income About Even
- SXSW Audiences Give Top Honors To ‘Light Of The Moon’, ‘Baby Driver’, ‘Dealt’
- Deadline To Launch 2nd The Contenders Emmys On April 9 With Record 25 Networks & Studios