EXCLUSIVE: After landing a recurring role on Showtime’s Shameless as her first TV acting job, Jane Levy has booked the lead of a broadcast pilot as her second gig. Testing against several other young actresses, Levy was tapped to star in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot Suburgatory. The project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer-exec producer Emily Kapnek, centers on Tessa (Levy), a teenage girl who is moved from Manhattan, where she grew up, to her version of hell: the suburbs. Levy is with Gersh and manager James Suskin.
Newcomer Jane Levy Lands The Lead In ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Suburgatory'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- New Netflix Doc Series Tackle Corporate Greed & Food Biz Corruption: Premiere Dates Set For ‘Dirty Money’ And ‘Rotten…
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date On VH1
- Disney-Fox Deal: Bob Iger Discusses Digital Future, Hulu and $2B Cost Savings
- Disney-Fox Deal: Sky Deal Still On The Table, Expected To Close By June 2018
- Disney Sets Deal To Acquire Most Of Fox, A Game-Changing Deal That Will Redraw Hollywood Landscape
- Issa Rae Pitching Dystopian Sci-Fi Drama As Part of Diverse Writers’ Scheme