EXCLUSIVE: After landing a recurring role on Showtime’s Shameless as her first TV acting job, Jane Levy has booked the lead of a broadcast pilot as her second gig. Testing against several other young actresses, Levy was tapped to star in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot Suburgatory. The project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer-exec producer Emily Kapnek, centers on Tessa (Levy), a teenage girl who is moved from Manhattan, where she grew up, to her version of hell: the suburbs. Levy is with Gersh and manager James Suskin.
Newcomer Jane Levy Lands The Lead In ABC's Comedy Pilot 'Suburgatory'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21