EXCLUSIVE: David Giuntoli (MTV’s Turn the Beat Around) has landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Grimm. Created by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf and to be directed by Marc Buckland, it is described as a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. Grimm centers on Nick Burckhardt (Giuntoli), a good-looking detective who starts to see humans as beast/animals and discovered that he has a legacy – to protect “humans” from these beasts. Giuntoli, repped by CESD and Hofflund/Polone, was also cast by NBC last pilot season when he got a guest spot in the pilot for hourlong comedy Love Bites.
NBC Pilot 'Grimm' Finds Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Cyber Attack Was 'Malicious,' Homeland Security Monitoring As Twitter, Netflix Come Back Online - Updated
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur