EXCLUSIVE: David Giuntoli (MTV’s Turn the Beat Around) has landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Grimm. Created by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf and to be directed by Marc Buckland, it is described as a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. Grimm centers on Nick Burckhardt (Giuntoli), a good-looking detective who starts to see humans as beast/animals and discovered that he has a legacy – to protect “humans” from these beasts. Giuntoli, repped by CESD and Hofflund/Polone, was also cast by NBC last pilot season when he got a guest spot in the pilot for hourlong comedy Love Bites.
NBC Pilot 'Grimm' Finds Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- Eliza Dushku Joins CBS’ ‘Bull’ As Savvy Lawyer This Season & Maybe Next
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 10 At Spike
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Genius’ & ‘Vietnam War’ Among Tribeca TV Fest Slate
- ‘The Knick’ Canceled After 2 Seasons As Cinemax Focuses On Action Dramas
- ‘Westworld’: Talulah Riley Promoted To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘Happy!’ Bobby Moynihan To Voice Title Character In Syfy Pilot