EXCLUSIVE: David Giuntoli (MTV’s Turn the Beat Around) has landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Grimm. Created by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf and to be directed by Marc Buckland, it is described as a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. Grimm centers on Nick Burckhardt (Giuntoli), a good-looking detective who starts to see humans as beast/animals and discovered that he has a legacy – to protect “humans” from these beasts. Giuntoli, repped by CESD and Hofflund/Polone, was also cast by NBC last pilot season when he got a guest spot in the pilot for hourlong comedy Love Bites.
NBC Pilot 'Grimm' Finds Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President