EXCLUSIVE: David Giuntoli (MTV’s Turn the Beat Around) has landed the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Grimm. Created by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf and to be directed by Marc Buckland, it is described as a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. Grimm centers on Nick Burckhardt (Giuntoli), a good-looking detective who starts to see humans as beast/animals and discovered that he has a legacy – to protect “humans” from these beasts. Giuntoli, repped by CESD and Hofflund/Polone, was also cast by NBC last pilot season when he got a guest spot in the pilot for hourlong comedy Love Bites.
NBC Pilot 'Grimm' Finds Its Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching
- John Oliver Joins Parkland Students “Calling Bullsh*t” On “Too Soon To Talk About” Gun Laws Blather
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’: Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been “Exceptional”…
- Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014