NBC has given a presentation order to an untitled comedy written by and starring Upright Citizens Brigade alums Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair. The single-camera project, from Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan’s American Work and UMS, is a comedy triangle centered on a woman (Parham) and her new live-in boyfriend. They find themselves taking in her distraught (and pushy) best girlfriend (St. Clair) who ends up on their doorstep after a divorce. Parham, St. Clair, Armstrong and Nandan are all exec producing. The pilot order stems from American Work’s first-look deal with NBC. The company previously produced the network’s 2009 comedy pilot Off Duty.
NBC Picks Up Lennon Parham/Jessica St. Clair Comedy Presentation
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres