EXCLUSIVE: Things are not looking good for midseason drama The Cape. NBC just cut the order to the comic book-inspired series from 13 to 10. That means stop of production for the show, which is now wrapping Episode 10. After an OK start on Sunday earlier this month, The Cape has been sliding in its regular Monday 9 PM slot. Last night, the show drew a 1.5/4, down 6% for a series low. It is not clear if the shortened order will affect the return of The Event to the Monday 9 PM berth, currently scheduled for Feb. 28. One possible scenario floated around has The Cape finishing its 10-episode run on Feb. 28, with The Event relaunching with 2 back-to-back episodes (instead of a recap and an original) the following Monday, March 7.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'The Cape'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest TV News
- 'The Man In The High Castle' EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
- Vice Media Ups Ciel Hunter To Head Of Content; Fusion Promotes Three Content Execs
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Man In The High Castle’ EPs Talk How Amazon Alt-History Series Reflects “Our World”…
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Bryan Cranston & Anthony Mackie Talk LBJ, MLK Jr & HBO’s ‘All The Way…
- Comedy Writer Niki Schwartz-Wright Inks 20th TV Overall Deal, Joins ‘Speechless’
- ‘Young & Hungry’ Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other…