EXCLUSIVE: Things are not looking good for midseason drama The Cape. NBC just cut the order to the comic book-inspired series from 13 to 10. That means stop of production for the show, which is now wrapping Episode 10. After an OK start on Sunday earlier this month, The Cape has been sliding in its regular Monday 9 PM slot. Last night, the show drew a 1.5/4, down 6% for a series low. It is not clear if the shortened order will affect the return of The Event to the Monday 9 PM berth, currently scheduled for Feb. 28. One possible scenario floated around has The Cape finishing its 10-episode run on Feb. 28, with The Event relaunching with 2 back-to-back episodes (instead of a recap and an original) the following Monday, March 7.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'The Cape'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest TV News
- GSN Names Fran Shea Head Of Programming & Marketing
- Issa Rae Developing ’90s L.A. Drama With HBO & ‘Turner House’ Author
- ‘Riverdale’ Star Lili Reinhart Apologizes For ‘Racially Insensitive’ Halloween Tweet
- ‘Zoo’ Canceled By CBS After Three Seasons
- Larry Wilmore & Bassem Youssef Team For Superhero Middle Eastern American Family Comedy At ABC
- ‘UnReal’: François Arnaud, Natalie Hall, Five More Join Season 4 Cast Of Lifetime Series