Meryl Streep is in final negotiations to star in Great Hope Springs, reuniting with The Devil Wears Prada helmer David Frankel-directed comedy for Mandate Pictures. Streep has been expected since last summer to star in the Vanessa Taylor-scripted comedy about a couple that hits the rocks after 30 years of marriage. They hang their future on an intense counseling weekend. Back when Mike Nichols was eyeing the project, there were rumors that Jeff Bridges might play her mate, but they were unfounded. Mandate is still looking for her mate which shouldn’t be difficult. Who wouldn’t want to play married to Streep, even an unhappy marriage?
Meryl Streep, David Frankel Re-Team On 'Great Hope Springs'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Fleming Jr
- IFC Boards Pays $3 Million For U.S On Jack Black Comedy ‘D Train:’ Sundance
- Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ Selling To Alchemy: Sundance
- A24 Closing On ‘The Witch': Sundance
- UPDATE: Relativity Sticks The Landing: $3 Million For Sundance Opener ‘The Bronze’
- Vertical Climbs Into Distribution With ‘Dial A Prayer’ Deal