UPDATE: The long delayed movie The Beaver starring Mel Gibson and directed by Jodie Foster is delayed again — this time from March 23rd (limited release) to May 6th (limited). Summit Entertainment thought this was a better date for the limited release because of the better cast availability: I hear Jodie by then will be back from shooting a picture in Europe. Also, the studio wanted time to let audiences know of what’s expected to be positive critical response following the SXSW Film Festival where it will be shown on March 16th. A wide release is planned to start May 20th. The movie in which Gibson plays a father who walks around talking to a beaver hand puppet, represents Mel’s acting comeback following his many tabloid scandals.
Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Delayed Again
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’
- Studio 8 Gets Into Comic Book Action With ‘Scout’ For Filmmaker Chris MacBride