UPDATE: The long delayed movie The Beaver starring Mel Gibson and directed by Jodie Foster is delayed again — this time from March 23rd (limited release) to May 6th (limited). Summit Entertainment thought this was a better date for the limited release because of the better cast availability: I hear Jodie by then will be back from shooting a picture in Europe. Also, the studio wanted time to let audiences know of what’s expected to be positive critical response following the SXSW Film Festival where it will be shown on March 16th. A wide release is planned to start May 20th. The movie in which Gibson plays a father who walks around talking to a beaver hand puppet, represents Mel’s acting comeback following his many tabloid scandals.
Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Delayed Again
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl Box…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun. AM…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency