UPDATE: The long delayed movie The Beaver starring Mel Gibson and directed by Jodie Foster is delayed again — this time from March 23rd (limited release) to May 6th (limited). Summit Entertainment thought this was a better date for the limited release because of the better cast availability: I hear Jodie by then will be back from shooting a picture in Europe. Also, the studio wanted time to let audiences know of what’s expected to be positive critical response following the SXSW Film Festival where it will be shown on March 16th. A wide release is planned to start May 20th. The movie in which Gibson plays a father who walks around talking to a beaver hand puppet, represents Mel’s acting comeback following his many tabloid scandals.
Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Delayed Again
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- LD Entertainment Adapting Julia Walton's Book ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Thor Freudenthal To Direct
- Constantin Film’s ‘Danger Girl’ Finds Scribe In Umair Aleem
- Brendan Fraser Claims Groping By HFPA President In 2003: Report
- ‘Black Panther’ To Pounce Past $500M WW Box Office Today
- Lionsgate’s Newly Branded Studio L Announces Debut Slate Of Digital Content
- Study: Hollywood Films Had Fewer Female Good Guys In 2017