UPDATE: The long delayed movie The Beaver starring Mel Gibson and directed by Jodie Foster is delayed again — this time from March 23rd (limited release) to May 6th (limited). Summit Entertainment thought this was a better date for the limited release because of the better cast availability: I hear Jodie by then will be back from shooting a picture in Europe. Also, the studio wanted time to let audiences know of what’s expected to be positive critical response following the SXSW Film Festival where it will be shown on March 16th. A wide release is planned to start May 20th. The movie in which Gibson plays a father who walks around talking to a beaver hand puppet, represents Mel’s acting comeback following his many tabloid scandals.
Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Delayed Again
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)