UPDATE: The long delayed movie The Beaver starring Mel Gibson and directed by Jodie Foster is delayed again — this time from March 23rd (limited release) to May 6th (limited). Summit Entertainment thought this was a better date for the limited release because of the better cast availability: I hear Jodie by then will be back from shooting a picture in Europe. Also, the studio wanted time to let audiences know of what’s expected to be positive critical response following the SXSW Film Festival where it will be shown on March 16th. A wide release is planned to start May 20th. The movie in which Gibson plays a father who walks around talking to a beaver hand puppet, represents Mel’s acting comeback following his many tabloid scandals.
Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Delayed Again
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…