Prime Suspect, from UMS and ITV Studio, centers on an iconoclastic female detective (Bello) who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. The pilot was originally picked up last season but was pushed after difficulties casting the lead. (Back then, Bello was a top choice for NBC brass too.) The adaptation was given a revamp this development season with a new producing team, Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey of Film 44, and new writer, Alexandra Cunningham. The three are executive producing the pilot, with Berg also set to direct. History of Violence co-star Bello, repped by CAA, manager John Carrabino and attorney Bob Myman, has a history at NBC. She spent a season on ER and did a two-episode arc on Law & Order: SVU last year.
Maria Bello To Star In NBC's 'Prime Suspect'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Andreeva
- Tyler James Williams Cast In ‘Criminal Minds’ Spinoff
- ‘Code Black’ Medical Drama From Michael Seitzman, Divorced-Dad Comedy Get CBS Pilot Orders
- ‘Togetherness’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO
- Brianna Brown Returns To ‘Devious Maids’ As Series Regular
- Trio Exit Circle Of Confusion To Form New Management/Production Company
- eOne Television CEO John Morayniss Inks New Long-Term Contract