Prime Suspect, from UMS and ITV Studio, centers on an iconoclastic female detective (Bello) who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. The pilot was originally picked up last season but was pushed after difficulties casting the lead. (Back then, Bello was a top choice for NBC brass too.) The adaptation was given a revamp this development season with a new producing team, Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey of Film 44, and new writer, Alexandra Cunningham. The three are executive producing the pilot, with Berg also set to direct. History of Violence co-star Bello, repped by CAA, manager John Carrabino and attorney Bob Myman, has a history at NBC. She spent a season on ER and did a two-episode arc on Law & Order: SVU last year.
Maria Bello To Star In NBC's 'Prime Suspect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ S2 Teaser: Bruce Campbell Skewers Donald Trump – Kind Of
- Donald Trump Doubles Down On Wall And Deportation In Fiery Immigration Speech
- Judge Judy Sheindlin Developing Series Based On Her Life At CBS
- Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ Adds Prema Cruz; Bethany Joy Lenz Joins ‘Colony’
- New UTA Venue Giving Artists Some Space