Prime Suspect, from UMS and ITV Studio, centers on an iconoclastic female detective (Bello) who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. The pilot was originally picked up last season but was pushed after difficulties casting the lead. (Back then, Bello was a top choice for NBC brass too.) The adaptation was given a revamp this development season with a new producing team, Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey of Film 44, and new writer, Alexandra Cunningham. The three are executive producing the pilot, with Berg also set to direct. History of Violence co-star Bello, repped by CAA, manager John Carrabino and attorney Bob Myman, has a history at NBC. She spent a season on ER and did a two-episode arc on Law & Order: SVU last year.
Maria Bello To Star In NBC's 'Prime Suspect'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest TV News
- Elizabeth Sung Dies: Actress Whose Scores Of Credits Include ‘Y&R’, ‘Sopranos’ & ‘Curb…
- Barbara Boxer-Inspired Political Drama Series In Works At FX From Nina Tassler, Denise DeNovi & Andrew Lenchewski
- ‘Deadly Class’: Mick Betancourt Tapped As Co-Showrunner For Syfy Drama Series
- Donald Trump Claims Ignorance When Asked About Harvey Weinstein On Day Of Perp Walk
- Jeff Astrof Inks New Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- ‘Killing Eve’ Sets New Ratings Highs, Extends Demo Growth Streak Heading Into Finale