Prime Suspect, from UMS and ITV Studio, centers on an iconoclastic female detective (Bello) who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men. The pilot was originally picked up last season but was pushed after difficulties casting the lead. (Back then, Bello was a top choice for NBC brass too.) The adaptation was given a revamp this development season with a new producing team, Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey of Film 44, and new writer, Alexandra Cunningham. The three are executive producing the pilot, with Berg also set to direct. History of Violence co-star Bello, repped by CAA, manager John Carrabino and attorney Bob Myman, has a history at NBC. She spent a season on ER and did a two-episode arc on Law & Order: SVU last year.
Maria Bello To Star In NBC's 'Prime Suspect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ DP Tod Campbell On His Visual Approach To Sam Esmail’s Dark, Off-Kilter World
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Trailer Teases Trump’s Influence On New Season Of FX Anthology
- Sharon Levy Joins Endemol Shine North America As President Of Unscripted & Scripted Television
- ‘The Night Of’ Emmy Nominee Michael Kenneth Williams On Nephew’s Experience Of “Heavy World”…
- Riley Keough & Gina Gammell Launch Production Company Felix Culpa With Trio Of Book Deals
- Fox News Channel Dominates Cable News During Donald Trump’s Afghanistan Speech