EXCLUSIVE: Spartacus will not be the only recast role on the second season of Starz’s flagship series Spartacus: Blood and Sand. I hear Lesley-Ann Brandt, who played Naevia, body slave to Lucretia (Lucy Lawless) and lover of Crixus (Manu Bennett) on the first season of the show and in the prequel, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, has decided not to renew her contract and won’t return for season 2. She just started a recurring role on CSI: NY and opted to also pursue broadcast pilots, which are currently casting. The part of Naevia, a fan favorite, will now be recast. Starz is known as being less restrictive in its actors contracts, which allowed Jane Lynch to leave Party Down when she was cast in Fox’s Glee. Season 2 of Spartacus: Blood and Sand will also introduce Liam McIntyre as the new Spartacus. He replaced ailing original star Andy Whitfield. Production on the second season of the sward-and-sandal drama is slated to begin shortly.
Lesley-Ann Brandt To Leave Starz's 'Spartacus', Role Of Naevia Will Be Recast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
George & Amal Clooney Joined By Katzenbergs In $500,000 Donations To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- Lauren Cohan To Star In ‘Whiskey Cavalier’ ABC Pilot, Could Return To ‘Walking Dead’
- Netflix Orders ‘Tuca & Bertie’ Animated Series Starring Tiffany Haddish From ‘Bojack Horseman’ Team
- Bill Gates To Guest Star In ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- Katie Holmes To Star In Ilene Chaiken & Melissa Scrivner Love’s Fox Drama Pilot
- Mel Gibson, Robert Towne, Mike Medavoy Team On ‘Dancing Bear’ For USA Network
- George & Amal Clooney Joined By Katzenbergs In $500,000 Donations To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?