EXCLUSIVE: Leelee Sobieski is set to star in CBS’ drama pilot Rookies, an ensemble cop show from The Color of Money writer Richard Price, which is executive produced by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal through their Tribeca production banner. She is the first actor cast in the James Mangold-directed pilot, about six NYPD rookies who balance their personal lives with learning the beat on the streets of Manhattan. Sobieski will play one of them, Gen (White House) Perry, a golden-haired California girl and former member of the White House Color Guard who can handle herself whether dealing with a gang-banger or a busted toilet. Rookies reunites Sobieski with CBS where she had a breakthrough performance in the TV movie Joan of Arc, which earned her an Emmy nomination, and recently guest starred on the drama The Good Wife.
Leelee Sobieski To Star In CBS Pilot 'Rookies' Produced By Robert De Niro
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over