EXCLUSIVE: Leelee Sobieski is set to star in CBS’ drama pilot Rookies, an ensemble cop show from The Color of Money writer Richard Price, which is executive produced by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal through their Tribeca production banner. She is the first actor cast in the James Mangold-directed pilot, about six NYPD rookies who balance their personal lives with learning the beat on the streets of Manhattan. Sobieski will play one of them, Gen (White House) Perry, a golden-haired California girl and former member of the White House Color Guard who can handle herself whether dealing with a gang-banger or a busted toilet. Rookies reunites Sobieski with CBS where she had a breakthrough performance in the TV movie Joan of Arc, which earned her an Emmy nomination, and recently guest starred on the drama The Good Wife.
Leelee Sobieski To Star In CBS Pilot 'Rookies' Produced By Robert De Niro
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'