EXCLUSIVE: Leelee Sobieski is set to star in CBS’ drama pilot Rookies, an ensemble cop show from The Color of Money writer Richard Price, which is executive produced by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal through their Tribeca production banner. She is the first actor cast in the James Mangold-directed pilot, about six NYPD rookies who balance their personal lives with learning the beat on the streets of Manhattan. Sobieski will play one of them, Gen (White House) Perry, a golden-haired California girl and former member of the White House Color Guard who can handle herself whether dealing with a gang-banger or a busted toilet. Rookies reunites Sobieski with CBS where she had a breakthrough performance in the TV movie Joan of Arc, which earned her an Emmy nomination, and recently guest starred on the drama The Good Wife.
Leelee Sobieski To Star In CBS Pilot 'Rookies' Produced By Robert De Niro
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox