EXCLUSIVE: Former That 70’s Show star Laura Prepon will channel racy comedienne Chelsea Handler in Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea, a multicamera comedy for NBC inspired by latenight star’s autobiographical book of the same name about her life in her 20s. Prepon has landed the lead in the pilot, written and executive produced by Dharma & Greg co-creator Dottie Zicklin and Julie Larson and executive produced by Handler. It centers on Chelsea Hanson (Prepon), a fresh-faced single cocktail waitress highly opinionated and open about her love to drink and have sex. Vodka, which hails from Warner Bros. TV and Werner Entertainment, marks a return to the multicamera comedy genre for Prepon, who got her break playing witty and confident teenager Donna Pinciotti on the Fox sitcom That ’70s Show. After the end of the show in 2006, the actress, repped by Gersh and New Wave, co-starred on the ABC drama October Road and has done guest stints on several series, including an arc on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother.
Laura Prepon To Play 20-Something Chelsea Handler In NBC Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
'This Is Us' Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring