EXCLUSIVE: Former That 70’s Show star Laura Prepon will channel racy comedienne Chelsea Handler in Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea, a multicamera comedy for NBC inspired by latenight star’s autobiographical book of the same name about her life in her 20s. Prepon has landed the lead in the pilot, written and executive produced by Dharma & Greg co-creator Dottie Zicklin and Julie Larson and executive produced by Handler. It centers on Chelsea Hanson (Prepon), a fresh-faced single cocktail waitress highly opinionated and open about her love to drink and have sex. Vodka, which hails from Warner Bros. TV and Werner Entertainment, marks a return to the multicamera comedy genre for Prepon, who got her break playing witty and confident teenager Donna Pinciotti on the Fox sitcom That ’70s Show. After the end of the show in 2006, the actress, repped by Gersh and New Wave, co-starred on the ABC drama October Road and has done guest stints on several series, including an arc on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother.
Laura Prepon To Play 20-Something Chelsea Handler In NBC Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Turn Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM