EXCLUSIVE: Former That 70’s Show star Laura Prepon will channel racy comedienne Chelsea Handler in Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea, a multicamera comedy for NBC inspired by latenight star’s autobiographical book of the same name about her life in her 20s. Prepon has landed the lead in the pilot, written and executive produced by Dharma & Greg co-creator Dottie Zicklin and Julie Larson and executive produced by Handler. It centers on Chelsea Hanson (Prepon), a fresh-faced single cocktail waitress highly opinionated and open about her love to drink and have sex. Vodka, which hails from Warner Bros. TV and Werner Entertainment, marks a return to the multicamera comedy genre for Prepon, who got her break playing witty and confident teenager Donna Pinciotti on the Fox sitcom That ’70s Show. After the end of the show in 2006, the actress, repped by Gersh and New Wave, co-starred on the ABC drama October Road and has done guest stints on several series, including an arc on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother.
Laura Prepon To Play 20-Something Chelsea Handler In NBC Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot