Kevin Macdonald has signed on to direct Marley, a film about the late activist reggae singer. On the docu front, Macdonald directed the Oscar winning One Day In September and Touching the Void. Marley is a coproduction between Tuff Gong Pictures and Shangri-La Entertainment and was put together by Chris Blackwell and Steve Bing with full cooperation of Marley’s family. The pic will be released in fall, 2011, timed around the 30th anniversary of Marley’s death in 1981. Macdonald’s next film, the Roman era drama The Eagle, will be released February 11 by Focus with Channing Tatum and Jaime Bell starring.
Kevin Macdonald Jamming On Bob Marley Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Killer Of Fox Executive Gavin Smith Gets Max Sentence
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Bron Studios Secures Revolving $50M Credit Line From Comerica Bank
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?