Kevin Macdonald has signed on to direct Marley, a film about the late activist reggae singer. On the docu front, Macdonald directed the Oscar winning One Day In September and Touching the Void. Marley is a coproduction between Tuff Gong Pictures and Shangri-La Entertainment and was put together by Chris Blackwell and Steve Bing with full cooperation of Marley’s family. The pic will be released in fall, 2011, timed around the 30th anniversary of Marley’s death in 1981. Macdonald’s next film, the Roman era drama The Eagle, will be released February 11 by Focus with Channing Tatum and Jaime Bell starring.
Kevin Macdonald Jamming On Bob Marley Docu
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Patrick Carman Kids Book 'Floors' To Disney With Jason Filardi Writing
- Screen Gems Buys 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies,' Pic Adds 'Game Of Thrones' Stars
- 'Rosie Project' Has Lord & Miller Circling To Helm Neustadter & Weber Script
- 'Divergent's Neil Burger To Helm Spy Thriller 'All The Old Knives'
- Don't We Want '70s-Style Adult Thrillers Like 'A Walk Among The Tombstones'? A Chat With Scott Frank
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'