Kevin Macdonald has signed on to direct Marley, a film about the late activist reggae singer. On the docu front, Macdonald directed the Oscar winning One Day In September and Touching the Void. Marley is a coproduction between Tuff Gong Pictures and Shangri-La Entertainment and was put together by Chris Blackwell and Steve Bing with full cooperation of Marley’s family. The pic will be released in fall, 2011, timed around the 30th anniversary of Marley’s death in 1981. Macdonald’s next film, the Roman era drama The Eagle, will be released February 11 by Focus with Channing Tatum and Jaime Bell starring.
Kevin Macdonald Jamming On Bob Marley Docu
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter