EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos’ Milojo Prods. has come on board to co-produce with Charlie Corwin’s Original Media the second season of the docu-series Be Good Johnny Weir, which chronicles the flamboyant figure skater as he mounts his upcoming ice skating stage show Spectacular. The 10-episode second season is now in production for a summer run on the gay-centered cable channel Logo. Additionally, Milojo and Original Media, along with Weir’s Fireworks Management, will spearhead the development and production of Spectacular. “I am so honored and excited to have Kelly and Mark on board with Be Good Johnny Weir!,” Weir said. “I have looked up to them for a long time and they have been two of my biggest cheerleaders so it only seems natural that our creativity comes together.” The first season of Be Good Johnny Weir aired on the Sundance Channel last summer. The show moved to Logo in December when the cable channel picked up the first season and greenlighted a second. The second season is executive produced by Corwin and Peterson for Original Media, Ripa, Consuelos and Albert Bianchini for Milojo and David Barba and James Pellerito for Retribution Media. This is the second collaboration between New York-based production companies Original and Milojo, following their work together on TLC’s Masters of Reception in 2009.
Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos To Produce Second Season Of 'Be Good Johnny Weir'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess