EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos’ Milojo Prods. has come on board to co-produce with Charlie Corwin’s Original Media the second season of the docu-series Be Good Johnny Weir, which chronicles the flamboyant figure skater as he mounts his upcoming ice skating stage show Spectacular. The 10-episode second season is now in production for a summer run on the gay-centered cable channel Logo. Additionally, Milojo and Original Media, along with Weir’s Fireworks Management, will spearhead the development and production of Spectacular. “I am so honored and excited to have Kelly and Mark on board with Be Good Johnny Weir!,” Weir said. “I have looked up to them for a long time and they have been two of my biggest cheerleaders so it only seems natural that our creativity comes together.” The first season of Be Good Johnny Weir aired on the Sundance Channel last summer. The show moved to Logo in December when the cable channel picked up the first season and greenlighted a second. The second season is executive produced by Corwin and Peterson for Original Media, Ripa, Consuelos and Albert Bianchini for Milojo and David Barba and James Pellerito for Retribution Media. This is the second collaboration between New York-based production companies Original and Milojo, following their work together on TLC’s Masters of Reception in 2009.
Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos To Produce Second Season Of 'Be Good Johnny Weir'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WME-IMG China Appoints NBA Exec Michael Ma As CEO
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Stars To Tell All In Finale Aftershow
- Howard Davies Dies: British Director Of ‘Les Liaisons Dangereuses’ Was 71
- Stephen Colbert’s Live Election Night Special: ‘Who’s Going To Clean Up This Sh*t?’ Trailer
- Suspect In Destruction Of Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star “Happy To Go To Trial”
- Michael Massee Dies: Actor Involved In Tragic ‘The Crow’ Accident Was 61