The Silence of the Lambs helmer Jonathan Demme is making his pilot directing debut. The Oscar winner has signed on to direct and executive produce CBS’ untitled Susannah Grant drama pilot. The supernatural medical drama, from CBS TV Studios and studio-based Timberman/Beverly Prods., centers on an ultra-competitive surgeon whose life is changed forever when his ex-wife dies and begins teaching him what life is all about from the here-after. Before last year, ICM-repped Demme had rarely ventured into TV, only directing an episode each of Colombo (1978) and a segment of Saturday Night Live (1980). Last year, he directed 2 episodes of the upcoming Mike White HBO comedy Enlightened starring Laura Dern and also set a series project at the pay cable network based on Walter Mosley’s new detective novel series The Long Fall.
Jonathan Demme To Direct CBS Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate