The Silence of the Lambs helmer Jonathan Demme is making his pilot directing debut. The Oscar winner has signed on to direct and executive produce CBS’ untitled Susannah Grant drama pilot. The supernatural medical drama, from CBS TV Studios and studio-based Timberman/Beverly Prods., centers on an ultra-competitive surgeon whose life is changed forever when his ex-wife dies and begins teaching him what life is all about from the here-after. Before last year, ICM-repped Demme had rarely ventured into TV, only directing an episode each of Colombo (1978) and a segment of Saturday Night Live (1980). Last year, he directed 2 episodes of the upcoming Mike White HBO comedy Enlightened starring Laura Dern and also set a series project at the pay cable network based on Walter Mosley’s new detective novel series The Long Fall.
Jonathan Demme To Direct CBS Drama Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox