The Silence of the Lambs helmer Jonathan Demme is making his pilot directing debut. The Oscar winner has signed on to direct and executive produce CBS’ untitled Susannah Grant drama pilot. The supernatural medical drama, from CBS TV Studios and studio-based Timberman/Beverly Prods., centers on an ultra-competitive surgeon whose life is changed forever when his ex-wife dies and begins teaching him what life is all about from the here-after. Before last year, ICM-repped Demme had rarely ventured into TV, only directing an episode each of Colombo (1978) and a segment of Saturday Night Live (1980). Last year, he directed 2 episodes of the upcoming Mike White HBO comedy Enlightened starring Laura Dern and also set a series project at the pay cable network based on Walter Mosley’s new detective novel series The Long Fall.
Jonathan Demme To Direct CBS Drama Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'