Former Law & Order star Jesse L. Martin is returning to series TV with a lead role in Marc Cherry’s drama pilot for ABC Hallelujah. Martin is the first actor cast in the project, which features musical elements. Hallelujah is set in the town of Hallelujah, Tenn., which is being torn apart by the forces of good and evil and whose fortunes change when a stranger comes to town, bringing justice, peace and possibly restoring faith. Martin will play a mysterious, charming drifter who crosses paths with the newcomer. The actor, repped by ICM and manager Bob McGowan, fielded interest from several pilots this season. He recently wrapped The Merchant of Venice opposite Al Pacino on Broadway and is filming the feature Joyful Noise opposite Queen Latifah, in which he plays her husband.
Jesse Martin To Star In Marc Cherry's Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres