EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Reiner is finalizing a deal to direct the NBC drama pilot Wonder Woman, David E. Kelley’s reimagening of the iconic D.C. comic. In the reboot, from Warner Bros. TV, Wonder Woman — aka Diana Prince — is a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life. The project was a late spec buy by NBC made by new chief Bob Greenblatt late last month. McG had been in talks to direct the pilot but couldn’t make a deal because of a scheduling conflict with a feature commitment. Reiner has a solid track record on NBC. He served as director/co-executive producer on Friday Night Lights for the series’ early run on NBC. He has directed 3 pilots so far, all going to series. Two of them were for NBC, Trauma in 2009 and The Event last year, and one for cable sibling Syfy, the Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica.
Jeffrey Reiner Closes In On 'Wonder Woman' Pilot Directing Gig
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016