James Franco has formalized his intention to star on Broadway next fall in Sweet Bird of Youth, the David Cromer-directed play that will be produced by Scott Rudin. Negotiations are underway, but both Franco and Kidman are fully committed, I’m told. Cromer last directed Our Town. Franco is Oscar-nominated for 127 Hours and is hosting the Oscarcast with Anne Hathaway, while Kidman is Oscar-nominated for Rabbit Hole. She also won her Oscar for The Hours, which Rudin produced. In the revival of the Tennessee Williams play, Kidman will play Alexandra Del Lago, the aging voracious movie star, while Franco will play her gigolo paramour Chance Wayne. Just like that, Broadway has another hot ticket. CAA reps Franco and Kidman.
James Franco Sets Broadway Date With Nicole Kidman In 'Sweet Bird Of Youth'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. 'Birdman' Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race - Hammond
More From Fleming Jr
- Lionsgate To Answer Call For Eli Roth-Keanu Reeves Thriller ‘Knock Knock'; $3 Million Sundance Buy
- ‘Strongest Man’ Helmer Kenny Riches Signs With UTA; Sundance
- Bart & Fleming: January Movie Turds; ‘Fruitvale’s Ryan Coogler Taking ‘Rocky’ Road; Bill Maher Shaming Liberals Over…
- We Called It: ‘Me And Earl And The Dying Girl’ Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M…
- ‘Selma’s Ava DuVernay & David Oyelowo Reunite For Hurricane Katrina Pic
- Sony Pictures Classics Lands ‘Diary Of A Teenage Girl’ – Sundance