American Idol is finally bringing voting to the Web. After increased speculation, Fox just confirmed that it will introduce online voting for the first tine this season, starting with the first performance show next Wednesday. Voting will be done on americanidol.com through a deal with Facebook, which will require viewers to use their Facebook accounts in order to vote. “We have been wanting to do online voting for several years, and now Facebook has offered us a secure solution and we are ready to go,” said Idol creator/exec producer Simon Fuller.
It's Official: 'American Idol' To Introduce Online Voting Via Deal With Facebook
What's Hot on Deadline
Cyber Attack Was 'Malicious,' Homeland Security Monitoring As Twitter, Netflix Come Back Online - Updated
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur