American Idol is finally bringing voting to the Web. After increased speculation, Fox just confirmed that it will introduce online voting for the first tine this season, starting with the first performance show next Wednesday. Voting will be done on americanidol.com through a deal with Facebook, which will require viewers to use their Facebook accounts in order to vote. “We have been wanting to do online voting for several years, and now Facebook has offered us a secure solution and we are ready to go,” said Idol creator/exec producer Simon Fuller.
It's Official: 'American Idol' To Introduce Online Voting Via Deal With Facebook
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA