Three episodes into original, short-based comedy series Portlandia, IFC has renewed for a second season. The network has picked up 10 half-hour episodes of the series created, written by and starring Fred Armisen (SNL) and Portland-native Carrie Brownstein for a January 2012 premiere. IFC only released cumed audience for the first 3 episodes: 1.1 million total viewers, more than 700,000 adults 18-49. Portlandia, based on web series ThunderAnt, which Armisen and Brownstein produced together, is shot entirely on location in Portland and is directed, co-created and co-written by Jonathan Krisel. It is executive produced by Lorne Michaels and produced by Broadway Video.
IFC Renews 'Portlandia' For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee, And Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive
- 'The Expanse' Picked Up By Amazon For Season 4 After Syfy Cancellation
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement