Three episodes into original, short-based comedy series Portlandia, IFC has renewed for a second season. The network has picked up 10 half-hour episodes of the series created, written by and starring Fred Armisen (SNL) and Portland-native Carrie Brownstein for a January 2012 premiere. IFC only released cumed audience for the first 3 episodes: 1.1 million total viewers, more than 700,000 adults 18-49. Portlandia, based on web series ThunderAnt, which Armisen and Brownstein produced together, is shot entirely on location in Portland and is directed, co-created and co-written by Jonathan Krisel. It is executive produced by Lorne Michaels and produced by Broadway Video.
IFC Renews 'Portlandia' For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'