Three episodes into original, short-based comedy series Portlandia, IFC has renewed for a second season. The network has picked up 10 half-hour episodes of the series created, written by and starring Fred Armisen (SNL) and Portland-native Carrie Brownstein for a January 2012 premiere. IFC only released cumed audience for the first 3 episodes: 1.1 million total viewers, more than 700,000 adults 18-49. Portlandia, based on web series ThunderAnt, which Armisen and Brownstein produced together, is shot entirely on location in Portland and is directed, co-created and co-written by Jonathan Krisel. It is executive produced by Lorne Michaels and produced by Broadway Video.
IFC Renews 'Portlandia' For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- AT&T, Justice Department Settlement Talks Over Time Warner Deal Fail