Good news for flash mob fans, bad news for the Jamie Foxx/Affion Crockett sketch comedy show. Fox announced this morning that it will air Mobbed, a reality special putting a hidden-camera spin on the “flash mob” phenomenon (large groups of people suddenly showing up in a public place to “perform”). It’s schedule to air on March 31, following American Idol. The network had originally slotted a preview of the Foxx/Crockett summer sketch comedy series, which will premiere in June. Hosted by Howie Mandel, Mobbed will feature “special guests planning extraordinary surprises for friends, family members, loved ones or co-workers” with the help of strangers who put on flash mob performances. The special, from Alevy Prods. and Angel City Factory, is based on a format created by Mandel, Trell and Kitrosser.
Fox Orders Flash Mob Reality Special With Howie Mandel
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks