Former SVP alternative development at NBC Jayson Dinsmore has joined CMT as EVP development. He will oversee all development for the channel and manage the network’s development team, based primarily out of CMT’s Santa Monica offices, reporting to CMT president Brian Philips. Dinsmore succeeds Bob Kusbit who recently left to return to producing full-time. Philips called Dinsmore “a production-savvy executive with a deep background in hit reality, (who) enjoys a terrific reputation within the LA community.” Dinsmore exited NBC amidst an executive restructuring in the alternative department a year ago. He spent a decade at the peacock network serving in several capacities, including SVP alternative development and VP alternative programming and development. He oversaw such shows as Deal or No Deal, The Sing-Off, Minute To Win It, The Restaurant and Three Wishes as well as production on a number of specials, including the Golden Globes, the Tournament of Roses and Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parades, Miss USA and Miss Universe Pageants. He was an executive producer on Last Comic Standing and I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! On Friday, CMT’s fist original scripted series, sitcom Working Class, debuted to solid 1.2 million viewers.
Former NBC Reality Exec Jayson Dinsmore Tapped As Head Of Development For CMT
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo
- Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play Title Role In Fox Pilot ‘Cooper Barrett’s Guide’