Former SVP alternative development at NBC Jayson Dinsmore has joined CMT as EVP development. He will oversee all development for the channel and manage the network’s development team, based primarily out of CMT’s Santa Monica offices, reporting to CMT president Brian Philips. Dinsmore succeeds Bob Kusbit who recently left to return to producing full-time. Philips called Dinsmore “a production-savvy executive with a deep background in hit reality, (who) enjoys a terrific reputation within the LA community.” Dinsmore exited NBC amidst an executive restructuring in the alternative department a year ago. He spent a decade at the peacock network serving in several capacities, including SVP alternative development and VP alternative programming and development. He oversaw such shows as Deal or No Deal, The Sing-Off, Minute To Win It, The Restaurant and Three Wishes as well as production on a number of specials, including the Golden Globes, the Tournament of Roses and Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parades, Miss USA and Miss Universe Pageants. He was an executive producer on Last Comic Standing and I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! On Friday, CMT’s fist original scripted series, sitcom Working Class, debuted to solid 1.2 million viewers.
Former NBC Reality Exec Jayson Dinsmore Tapped As Head Of Development For CMT
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices