Big day for casting female fairy tale villains. Famke Janssen will play the leader of the witches in the Tommy Wirkola-directed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters at Paramount Pictures. She joins Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton as the title characters who, 15 years after their narrow fairy tale escape from the gingerbread house, become specialized bounty-hunters looking to take down the witches that almost killed them. Janssen takes the job the same day that Julia Roberts closed to play the Evil Queen in Relativity Media’s The Brothers Grimm: Snow White. Gary Sanchez is producing the witch project. Janssen just wrapped her scripting/directing debut on Bringing Up Bobby. She’s repped by CAA and Brookside Artists.
Famke Janssen Bewitches 'Hansel & Gretel'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest Film News
- Last Day On The Job For Animation Guild's Steve Hulett, Hollywood’s Longest-Serving Union Leader
- Annapurna’s Megan Ellison To Receive Producers Guild’s 2017 Visionary Award
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast Episode #5: China’s Play In The Hollywood Game
- ‘Glee’s Jacob Artist Joins John Cusack In ‘Misfortune’
- How Seth Rogen Brought Back Adult Animation With ‘Sausage Party’ – The Contenders Video
- Rebecca Hall On Humanizing Christine Chubbuck Beyond Her Tragic Act