Big day for casting female fairy tale villains. Famke Janssen will play the leader of the witches in the Tommy Wirkola-directed Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters at Paramount Pictures. She joins Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton as the title characters who, 15 years after their narrow fairy tale escape from the gingerbread house, become specialized bounty-hunters looking to take down the witches that almost killed them. Janssen takes the job the same day that Julia Roberts closed to play the Evil Queen in Relativity Media’s The Brothers Grimm: Snow White. Gary Sanchez is producing the witch project. Janssen just wrapped her scripting/directing debut on Bringing Up Bobby. She’s repped by CAA and Brookside Artists.
Famke Janssen Bewitches 'Hansel & Gretel'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’: Fox Searchlight Fetches 2018 Date For Wes Anderson’s All-Star Toon
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Frozen 2’ And ‘The Lion King’: Disney Unleashes A Barrage Of Release Dates
- WWE Ring Titan Vince McMahon Getting His Close-Up With ‘Pandemonium’
- IFC Midnight Nabs ‘Darkness Rising’; Music Box Tunes Up ‘Chavela’ Docu
- Roman Polanski Rape Victim Joins Director’s Latest Effort For U.S. Return