EXCLUSIVE: Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman’s Playtone is developing the project based on the bestselling nonfiction book Agent Zigzag, published in the U.S. by Crown. Director Mike Newell (Prince of Persia and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) was originally working on the script with Mark Bomback (Race to Witch Mountain) on the project, which is set up at New Line. Now Brighton Rock director Rowan Joffe is scripting it for Newell. Written by Brit journalist Ben MacIntrye, Agent Zigzag tells the true story of Eddie Chapman, a suave thief/seducer who became a double agent during WWII working for both Germany and Britain. Joffe recently wrote The American, starring George Clooney, for Focus and before that 28 Weeks Later for Fox Searchlight. Newell is also in talks to direct Great Expectations for producer Steve Woolley (Made In Dagenham). Curtis Brown/CAA reps Joffe, while Independent Talent/WME handles Newell.
Director Rowan Joffe Writing ‘Agent Zigzag’
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon
- John Doman Joins ‘Hard Powder’; Alessandra Ambrosio Returns For ‘Daddy’s Home’ Sequel