EXCLUSIVE: Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman’s Playtone is developing the project based on the bestselling nonfiction book Agent Zigzag, published in the U.S. by Crown. Director Mike Newell (Prince of Persia and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) was originally working on the script with Mark Bomback (Race to Witch Mountain) on the project, which is set up at New Line. Now Brighton Rock director Rowan Joffe is scripting it for Newell. Written by Brit journalist Ben MacIntrye, Agent Zigzag tells the true story of Eddie Chapman, a suave thief/seducer who became a double agent during WWII working for both Germany and Britain. Joffe recently wrote The American, starring George Clooney, for Focus and before that 28 Weeks Later for Fox Searchlight. Newell is also in talks to direct Great Expectations for producer Steve Woolley (Made In Dagenham). Curtis Brown/CAA reps Joffe, while Independent Talent/WME handles Newell.
Director Rowan Joffe Writing ‘Agent Zigzag’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner