They are both coming off acclaimed projects. Now director David O. Russell, nominated for an Oscar for The Fighter, and Connie Britton, nominated for an Emmy for Friday Night Lights, are teaming to develop a female-driven drama for FX. According to TVLine’s Michael Ausiello who broke the news, Russell will create the series, with Britton attached to star. The premise is still unclear. The FX project would probably rule Britton out for this pilot season, which would be sad news to casting directors. Who wouldn’t want to see Britton take on Jane Tennison in Prime Suspect, which was just greenlighted to pilot by NBC?
David O. Russell Developing Drama For FX Starring Connie Britton
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'