They are both coming off acclaimed projects. Now director David O. Russell, nominated for an Oscar for The Fighter, and Connie Britton, nominated for an Emmy for Friday Night Lights, are teaming to develop a female-driven drama for FX. According to TVLine’s Michael Ausiello who broke the news, Russell will create the series, with Britton attached to star. The premise is still unclear. The FX project would probably rule Britton out for this pilot season, which would be sad news to casting directors. Who wouldn’t want to see Britton take on Jane Tennison in Prime Suspect, which was just greenlighted to pilot by NBC?
David O. Russell Developing Drama For FX Starring Connie Britton
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”