They are both coming off acclaimed projects. Now director David O. Russell, nominated for an Oscar for The Fighter, and Connie Britton, nominated for an Emmy for Friday Night Lights, are teaming to develop a female-driven drama for FX. According to TVLine’s Michael Ausiello who broke the news, Russell will create the series, with Britton attached to star. The premise is still unclear. The FX project would probably rule Britton out for this pilot season, which would be sad news to casting directors. Who wouldn’t want to see Britton take on Jane Tennison in Prime Suspect, which was just greenlighted to pilot by NBC?
David O. Russell Developing Drama For FX Starring Connie Britton
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better