Comedy Central is adding a second sports news/commentary show. The cable network has picked up Sports Show with Norm Macdonald with an eight-episode order. The new series is slated to begin production this month and is scheduled to premiere in April. Sports Show with Norm Macdonald will feature former Weekend Update anchor Macdonald’s comedic take on topical and controversial stories from the sports world. It will be taped in front of a live studio audience and will cover all sports – from the popular to the obscure. It is not clear if this show is being eyed as a companion or alternative to Comedy Central’s Onion SportsDome, which launched last month. On the political news/commentary side, the network has two companion series, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Sports Show will be executive produced by Macdonald, Marc Gurvitz, Lori Jo Hoekstra and Jackhole Productions’ Daniel Kellison.
Comedy Central Greenlights Sports Show Starring Norm Macdonald
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks