Comedy Central is adding a second sports news/commentary show. The cable network has picked up Sports Show with Norm Macdonald with an eight-episode order. The new series is slated to begin production this month and is scheduled to premiere in April. Sports Show with Norm Macdonald will feature former Weekend Update anchor Macdonald’s comedic take on topical and controversial stories from the sports world. It will be taped in front of a live studio audience and will cover all sports – from the popular to the obscure. It is not clear if this show is being eyed as a companion or alternative to Comedy Central’s Onion SportsDome, which launched last month. On the political news/commentary side, the network has two companion series, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Sports Show will be executive produced by Macdonald, Marc Gurvitz, Lori Jo Hoekstra and Jackhole Productions’ Daniel Kellison.
Comedy Central Greenlights Sports Show Starring Norm Macdonald
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast