Comedy Central is adding a second sports news/commentary show. The cable network has picked up Sports Show with Norm Macdonald with an eight-episode order. The new series is slated to begin production this month and is scheduled to premiere in April. Sports Show with Norm Macdonald will feature former Weekend Update anchor Macdonald’s comedic take on topical and controversial stories from the sports world. It will be taped in front of a live studio audience and will cover all sports – from the popular to the obscure. It is not clear if this show is being eyed as a companion or alternative to Comedy Central’s Onion SportsDome, which launched last month. On the political news/commentary side, the network has two companion series, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Sports Show will be executive produced by Macdonald, Marc Gurvitz, Lori Jo Hoekstra and Jackhole Productions’ Daniel Kellison.
Comedy Central Greenlights Sports Show Starring Norm Macdonald
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Sets Code of Conduct
- Lea Thompson To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Our People’ From Lee Daniels
- ‘Fam’ CBS Comedy Pilot Casts Odessa Adlon; Dennis Andres Joins ABC’s ‘Greatest American Hero’
- Olympics Draws 16.4M Total Viewers, Lowest Weeknight Result Of 2018 – Update