Comedy Central is adding a second sports news/commentary show. The cable network has picked up Sports Show with Norm Macdonald with an eight-episode order. The new series is slated to begin production this month and is scheduled to premiere in April. Sports Show with Norm Macdonald will feature former Weekend Update anchor Macdonald’s comedic take on topical and controversial stories from the sports world. It will be taped in front of a live studio audience and will cover all sports – from the popular to the obscure. It is not clear if this show is being eyed as a companion or alternative to Comedy Central’s Onion SportsDome, which launched last month. On the political news/commentary side, the network has two companion series, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Sports Show will be executive produced by Macdonald, Marc Gurvitz, Lori Jo Hoekstra and Jackhole Productions’ Daniel Kellison.
Comedy Central Greenlights Sports Show Starring Norm Macdonald
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV