Comedy Central is adding a second sports news/commentary show. The cable network has picked up Sports Show with Norm Macdonald with an eight-episode order. The new series is slated to begin production this month and is scheduled to premiere in April. Sports Show with Norm Macdonald will feature former Weekend Update anchor Macdonald’s comedic take on topical and controversial stories from the sports world. It will be taped in front of a live studio audience and will cover all sports – from the popular to the obscure. It is not clear if this show is being eyed as a companion or alternative to Comedy Central’s Onion SportsDome, which launched last month. On the political news/commentary side, the network has two companion series, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Sports Show will be executive produced by Macdonald, Marc Gurvitz, Lori Jo Hoekstra and Jackhole Productions’ Daniel Kellison.
Comedy Central Greenlights Sports Show Starring Norm Macdonald
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot