Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Kathleen Parker is leaving CNN’s embattled primetime program Parker Spitzer, which she had been co-hosting with former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer. Starting on Monday, the program will be renamed In The Arena, and will feature Spitzer, as well as several others within and outside CNN, according to a memo by CNN U.S. chief Ken Jautz. Parker is expected to continue to make occasional appearances on the cable news network. Ratings for Parker Spitzer have been minuscule since its October launch but went up while Parker was on a sick leave recently and Spitzer was the sole anchor. The show was also plagued by constant rumors about friction between the two hosts. “It has been a joy working with (Parker) as a teammate, and I continue to be a huge fan of the wisdom that jumps from her written work and the wit, charm and insight she brings to all that she does,” Spitzer said in a statement.
CNN's 'Parker Spitzer' To Become 'In The Arena' Sans Kathleen Parker
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest TV News
- Michael Grindon Exits As Legendary’s Worldwide Television Distribution Head
- Sinclair Lays Out Plans To Divest Stations To Win FCC Approval Of Tribune Acquisition
- McKenna Grace To Play Young Lead In Rob Lowe’s ‘The Bad Seed’ Lifetime Remake, Original’s Patty McCormack To…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Incident
- ‘The End Of The World As We Know It’: Quinta Brunson To Star In CW Pilot
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Renewed For Season 13 By NBC With All 4 Judges & Host Tyra Banks Returning