If it’s hard to keep straight all singing/songwriting competition series out there, here is another one for ya: American Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe will executive produce CMT’s Next Superstar, a competition for country singer/songwriters. Also exec producing the series, set to premiere in April, is former CMT head of development Bob Kusbit, who left the network at the end of 2010 to return to producing. The previous reality series for country singers, Nashville Star, aired on NBC and USA, with CMT rebroadcasting the show when it was on NBC.
CMT To Launch Country Singing Reality Show From Nigel Lythgoe
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest TV News
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises
- Donald Trump Plans Rally For Night Of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- ‘Rise’, ‘For God And Country’ Get Closer To NBC Series Pickups With Staffing Offers
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Bill Maher Tells Donald Trump To Forget Mars, “Make Earth Great Again”