Thirteen years after Christine Lahti won an Emmy for Chicago Hope, she is back at CBS as the star of another medical drama. Lahti is set to topline CBS’ medical-family drama pilot The Doctor, written by Privileged creator Rina Mimoun and directed by David Nutter. The project, from Warner Bros. TV, centers on a mother (Lahti) who reconnects with her adult children when she joins the family medical practice. Lahti, repped by ICM and Management 360, recently recurred on NBC’s Law & Order: SVU.
Christine Lahti To Star In CBS' 'The Doctor'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Latest TV News
- Billboard Music Awards Complete Winners List: Janet Jackson Honored With Icon Award, Ed Sheeran Takes Top Artist
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Dan Goor On Cancellation-Renewal Saga; Season Finale That Could Have Been A Series Finale
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Season Finale Says Farewell To Fox With Jake & Amy’s “Bomb” Wedding
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Santa Fe Shooting At Billboard Music Awards, Urges “Moment Of Change”
- ‘Gentleman Jack’: First-Look At HBO & BBC One’s Suranne Jones-Fronted Period Drama
- America’s Mad About Harry & Meghan; Nearly 30M Watch Royal Wedding Live