During the radio interview with Dan Patrick, Sheen insisted he is now “100%” clean and urged CBS and WBTV to take advantage of that. “I heal really quickly but I also unravel pretty quickly,” Sheen said. “So get me right now, guys.” Since his 36-hour bender that ended in a emergency hospital visit followed by a rehab treatment, Sheen has done 2 unfiltered interviews via text messaging, in which he called his detractors “turds.” He also made a surprise visit to a practice of UCLA’s baseball team, telling the guys: “Don’t do crack, drink chocolate milk, and enjoy every moment.”
UPDATED: Charlie Sheen made another bizarre public statement this morning, this time on live radio. The Two and a Half Men star, who is undergoing rehab treatment at home, called into the Dan Patrick Show to complain that CBS and Men producer Warner Bros. TV would not allow him to return to work despite, according to him, being ready to do so. “They said ‘You get ready and we’ll get ready’,” he said in the 30-minute interview. “I got ready and went back and nobody was there … I don’t know what to tell ya,” Sheen said, adding that he lost his voice banging on the show’s stage doors. He stressed that the show’s hiatus has been “forced”. He cracked that “at this pace”, Men will return to production in “August 2014″. Sheen later clarified that the show is expected to resume filming on Feb. 28.
CBS and WBTV declined comment on a TMZ report that the order for Men is being cut from 24 to 20 episodes. The show has 16 episodes in the can, with the 4 additional ones eyed to shoot on March 4, 11, 18 and 25. That means that the show’s producers won’t try to make up for the current four-week work stoppage. Last year, the 3-week hiatus caused by Sheen’s rehab treatment resulted in the show delivering 22 instead of 24 episodes. It is still unclear how the crew of the show will be compensated for any unproduced episodes. Sheen recently offered to cover a third of the pay if CBS and WBTV pick up the rest.