Amidst controversy, Lifetime’s original movie Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy debuted last night with solid though unspectacular 2.8 million viewers. That was up 5% over the 2010-11 Lifetime original movie average but down from Lifetime’s first original movie of the year, The Craigslist Killer, which drew 5.4 million viewers last month, 2.7 million of them in the 25-54 demographic. (Amanda Knox‘s 25-54 tally was 1.4 million. The hour-long documentary, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story, which immediately followed the movie, drew 1.9 million viewers vs. 3.7 million for docu Beyond the Headlines: Catching the Craigslist Killer, which followed the Craigslist Killer movie. The Amanda Knox movie, which chronicles the trial against U.S. student Amanda Knox (Hayden Panettiere) who, along with her boyfriend, was found guilty in the murder of her roommate in the Italian town of Perugia, was a hit online, driving the most Web traffic ever for a Lifetime movie.
CABLE RATINGS: Amanda Knox Does OK But No Match For Craigslist Killer
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'