Amidst controversy, Lifetime’s original movie Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy debuted last night with solid though unspectacular 2.8 million viewers. That was up 5% over the 2010-11 Lifetime original movie average but down from Lifetime’s first original movie of the year, The Craigslist Killer, which drew 5.4 million viewers last month, 2.7 million of them in the 25-54 demographic. (Amanda Knox‘s 25-54 tally was 1.4 million. The hour-long documentary, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story, which immediately followed the movie, drew 1.9 million viewers vs. 3.7 million for docu Beyond the Headlines: Catching the Craigslist Killer, which followed the Craigslist Killer movie. The Amanda Knox movie, which chronicles the trial against U.S. student Amanda Knox (Hayden Panettiere) who, along with her boyfriend, was found guilty in the murder of her roommate in the Italian town of Perugia, was a hit online, driving the most Web traffic ever for a Lifetime movie.
CABLE RATINGS: Amanda Knox Does OK But No Match For Craigslist Killer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD