Amidst controversy, Lifetime’s original movie Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy debuted last night with solid though unspectacular 2.8 million viewers. That was up 5% over the 2010-11 Lifetime original movie average but down from Lifetime’s first original movie of the year, The Craigslist Killer, which drew 5.4 million viewers last month, 2.7 million of them in the 25-54 demographic. (Amanda Knox‘s 25-54 tally was 1.4 million. The hour-long documentary, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story, which immediately followed the movie, drew 1.9 million viewers vs. 3.7 million for docu Beyond the Headlines: Catching the Craigslist Killer, which followed the Craigslist Killer movie. The Amanda Knox movie, which chronicles the trial against U.S. student Amanda Knox (Hayden Panettiere) who, along with her boyfriend, was found guilty in the murder of her roommate in the Italian town of Perugia, was a hit online, driving the most Web traffic ever for a Lifetime movie.
CABLE RATINGS: Amanda Knox Does OK But No Match For Craigslist Killer
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Diana Rigg Joins Court For Season 2 Of PBS’ ‘Victoria’
- Stephen Colbert Apes NYT Ad To Promote ‘Late Show’ Live Broadcast After Donald Trump Speech
- Derek Hough Cast In NBC’s Kourtney Kang Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton ‘Training Day’ Dedication Planned For New Episode
- JJ Totah Cast In Mindy Kaling’s NBC Comedy Pilot; Josh Kidd Joins CW’s ‘Searchers’