Amidst controversy, Lifetime’s original movie Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy debuted last night with solid though unspectacular 2.8 million viewers. That was up 5% over the 2010-11 Lifetime original movie average but down from Lifetime’s first original movie of the year, The Craigslist Killer, which drew 5.4 million viewers last month, 2.7 million of them in the 25-54 demographic. (Amanda Knox‘s 25-54 tally was 1.4 million. The hour-long documentary, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story, which immediately followed the movie, drew 1.9 million viewers vs. 3.7 million for docu Beyond the Headlines: Catching the Craigslist Killer, which followed the Craigslist Killer movie. The Amanda Knox movie, which chronicles the trial against U.S. student Amanda Knox (Hayden Panettiere) who, along with her boyfriend, was found guilty in the murder of her roommate in the Italian town of Perugia, was a hit online, driving the most Web traffic ever for a Lifetime movie.
CABLE RATINGS: Amanda Knox Does OK But No Match For Craigslist Killer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'