The agency has decided to wait until the Fall before selling North American rights to Madonna’s W.E. following its Berlin preview on Saturday. It may either start negotiating at Venice or Toronto, I’m told. Optimum Releasing, the British arm of Studio Canal, is close to taking UK rights from sales agent IM Global, which is handling overseas. The deal should be done by the end of today. Village Roadshow has already taken Australia and New Zealand, while I’m told offers are in “over asking price” for France, Germany, Italy, Latin America, Russia and Spain. Abbie Cornish stars opposite Oscar Isaac as a modern-day New Yorker obsessed with the royal love story between Britain’s King Edward VIII (James D’Arcy) and American divorcee Wallis Simpson (Andrea Riseborough). The pic is still in post and will be for several months.
Berlin: CAA Holding Back From Selling Domestic On Madonna’s ‘W.E’
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’: Fox Searchlight Fetches 2018 Date For Wes Anderson’s All-Star Toon
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Frozen 2’ And ‘The Lion King’: Disney Unleashes A Barrage Of Release Dates
- WWE Ring Titan Vince McMahon Getting His Close-Up With ‘Pandemonium’
- IFC Midnight Nabs ‘Darkness Rising’; Music Box Tunes Up ‘Chavela’ Docu
- Roman Polanski Rape Victim Joins Director’s Latest Effort For U.S. Return