The agency has decided to wait until the Fall before selling North American rights to Madonna’s W.E. following its Berlin preview on Saturday. It may either start negotiating at Venice or Toronto, I’m told. Optimum Releasing, the British arm of Studio Canal, is close to taking UK rights from sales agent IM Global, which is handling overseas. The deal should be done by the end of today. Village Roadshow has already taken Australia and New Zealand, while I’m told offers are in “over asking price” for France, Germany, Italy, Latin America, Russia and Spain. Abbie Cornish stars opposite Oscar Isaac as a modern-day New Yorker obsessed with the royal love story between Britain’s King Edward VIII (James D’Arcy) and American divorcee Wallis Simpson (Andrea Riseborough). The pic is still in post and will be for several months.
Berlin: CAA Holding Back From Selling Domestic On Madonna’s ‘W.E’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald